igloo grubs

• 4 Replies

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
igloo grubs
« on: July 05, 2010, 10:57 »
Just a wee query, i dont have an omlet house but has anyone used the igloo grubs for feeders and drinkers,   wot are they like,    nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

jhub

• jane
Re: igloo grubs
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 13:38 »
Hiya Nicky
I have an Eglu cube and use their feeders and 'drinkers'.
The large water superglug holds 4 litres which is dispensed by 'nipples'. The open top is sited well above hen head height so does not get soiled with poo or scratchings.
The grub feeder is attached at a lower level and I do find the occasional bit of bark scratching in the food. The hens also chuck out some food when feeding. The cover prevents the hens standing in the food and also keeps it dry and as it attaches to the weld mesh it does free up floor space.
Hope this helps.
Jane

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 16:14 »
I have an eglu and the grub and glug work well but not for tiny chicks which is what I have in there at the moment.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Maccbean

• Experienced Member
    • My Bigger Picture Photo Gifts
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 16:59 »
I have a cube with the feeders and drinkers.  I have two feeders, which work well for my five hens.  I don't think they are as keen on the drinkers, as they tap tap at the nipples to get the water out and I get the impression they want a bigger drink.  I keep it topped up but provide a litre bowl of water too that gets finished each day.  To be honest I've been thinking about replacing it with a hanging water reservoir.

Sassy

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 09:33 »
I had to open this post to see what these igloo grubs were - I thought they may be some form of maggoty thing I hadn't heard of :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 37 queries.