The Best Tea

• 6 Replies

sueanthony

The Best Tea
« on: July 04, 2010, 20:37 »
Just been to the lotty, bought back baby carrots, new potatoes and peas.  Wow this is what it's all about, absolutely fabulous tasting food.  Yummy!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: The Best Tea
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 20:39 »
Great, isn't it  :D

I was given some thinned / pulled carrots yesterday, and had them for tea with my first dug spuds.

Mmmmmm
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 21:05 »
I know how you feel. Just had some braised beef accompanied by all own grown - spuds, onions and beetroot. Even the beef was reared and slaughtered only 3 miles away so very low food miles.
The reward of a thing well done is to have done it....

boosh

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 21:23 »
We had Kale , baby Turnips and roasted Courgettes from the lottie with our dinner today.  :)

kari

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 21:39 »
They all sound delicous, I cant wait to bring home enough for a tea, so far i've only managed a handfull of radish & some young lettuce leaves. 
New to gardening & growing my own, its a very steep learning curve!

Siouxfly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 21:39 »
I know how you feel. Just had some braised beef accompanied by all own grown - spuds, onions and beetroot. Even the beef was reared and slaughtered only 3 miles away so very low food miles.

Brilliant. :)
Reading about food miles with my sons has really encouraged us all to try harder on the home grown front. I can't believe some of our potatoes come from half way across the globe, it's not as if they are hard to grow here! Even on shop bought produce we are now looking closely at where they were grown. Mind you I myself haven't started doing this on our meat supplies as being not so rich I do just buy the best cheapest stuff I can find, hopefully when funds allow I will be able to find more local produce.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 21:45 »
I had cobra beans, Kestrel potatoes, rocket, spring onions and a co-op pork chop ;)

All I need is for the tomatoes to turn red soon and I would be very happy ::)

Page created in 0.594 seconds with 31 queries.