We have had some egg "sacks"

• 3 Replies

chickenmclicken

We have had some egg "sacks"
« on: July 03, 2010, 21:58 »
Our younger girls have been with us for three weeks, and we were told they would lay within 5-6 weeks, but twice this week we have had what can only be described as "egg sacks". The first was laid on the patio with no noise or disturbance, and I managed to get it picked up as it was out of the way, however, we have now stopped the girls coming out of their run (2 metres by 8 metres) by putting netting over it, as I was fed up with poo on the patio!!! The second was laid in the coup, but I was not quick enough to get it, and she was eating the yoke when I got there! (Don't worry, I will not be letting that happen, as I know once they have a taste!)

So, does anyone have any info on this? I know that they will not be developing shell for their eggs as yet, but how many of these "sacks" can we expect?

Lovely little tiny baby eggs they were too!!!

Scott
Chicken McLicken
aka Scott

Grace (Spaniard) Will(hemina) (Black & White!) Miranda (Black Nero) Annabelle (Cambridges Blue)
2 kids and 2 cats!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: We have had some egg "sacks"
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 22:08 »
It can sometimes take them a while to get their bodies into gear Scott.  But be patient, they will get there in the end.   :)

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 00:41 »
we got our first egg 2 weeks ago. Weve had tiny eggs, huge eggs, double yolks, just yolks no shell. Just shell no yolk. Some layed in coup some in the run. Getting better. This morning we had 4 good sized eggs all with good shells. Weve got 5 girls so was made up. I know its hard but be patient.
1 dog -Chloe 1 cat - Oscar 2 hamsters - Flo and Tinkerbell 3 ferrets - Charlie, chip and rupert 3 light sussex - Madge, Henrietta and lucy-lou 2 black rocks - Peggy and Betty 1 puppy on the way i'm not mad i'm in love. :)

chickenmclicken

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 12:14 »
We had an egg complete with shell yesterday.... so I guess that answers my question!

Tiny little one it was, so beautiful... and she made no fuss about it.....

Meant to say, not worried that they won't lay, lord only knows one of my girls has never laid, just wondered how many of the sacks we could expect, and the answer was 2!!!!

xx
"I have a broody hen, let's incubate some eggs"

Started by Casey76 on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post May 08, 2010, 09:55
by joyfull
xx
First time out for the "5 Week old" Chicks

Started by Dominic on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post April 11, 2011, 21:24
by Squiggly
xx
"Chicken Memorabilia"

Started by Henny on Chicken Chat

88 Replies
Last post April 28, 2014, 22:11
by barley
xx
"Stability at all times"

Started by EnviroChick on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post December 04, 2013, 12:56
by joyfull

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 36 queries.