Just have to share this.

• 24 Replies

Bernard

• Experienced Member
Re: Just have to share this.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 13:08 »
My cat used to play with the frogs and then leave me a present of their back legs. Never found out what happened to the other halves..... :( 
Unless otherwise informed, we shall assume it was a fat cat.

otis pony

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 13:51 »
AARRGGHHH!!!!!! chickens just found one and pulled it to pieces :ohmy:  I ran in, one daughter was crying, the other and my son thought it hilarious :lol:
...............happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.................

Zippy

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 15:04 »
Some people spider, rats, snakes, me frogs.   I don't understand why but I am absolutely petrified of them.  I can't even watch them on television or look at a picture in a book.

Out of that lot only people make me scream.

drcath

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 17:44 »
We have three dogs, so I'm used to finding "presents" in various parts of the garden. I spotted one the other day and went to get the spade to clear it. I was poised to pick it up. Then it moved.

Imagine being mistaken for a dog doo. That toad is still living it down with his mates.
You think it's cold where you live?

mobilekat

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 18:16 »
When I was a kid we had had a 'show and tell' type day at school, and my cousin was at the house afterwards, waiting for her mum to collect her.
We were upstairs putting the world to rights (as 9 year old can) and heard a blood curdling scream...

Went down to find a bemused newt (thats what Jayne had brought to show at school), my Mother screaming, and the dog barking.

Mum thought the dog had had an accident (was prone to them) went to pick it up, and the newt walked off......

I think we were eventually forgiven, newt recaptured and dog put outside!
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

Elcie

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 21:55 »
I have lots of baby frogs in my new pond in the back garden.  I bought some tadpoles from my pond at the allotment.  Must admit I am not what you would call a frog lover, but I love them more than I love slugs and I am actually enjoying watching them hop around the water.

pigeonpie

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 22:38 »
Bit of advice:  Never run around at night in bare feet where there may be frogs.  They make an awful mess when they squish through the toes.  I've never quite gotten over the sound or the feel of the oozing.

Trillium

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 22:45 »
Wonder if they're hoping for kisses.  :lol: :lol:

JohnB47

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 23:13 »
We have a little frog that lives in one of our growbags. He pops his (wet) head out of one of the openings when I water the tomatoes. :tongue2: It's nice and moist in there.

Flump

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 23:20 »
 Frogs are very good at 'playing dead'.I have rescued two from my chicken's beaks after they have been tanking round the garden with the poor things dangling from their beaks,fighting over them.Put one in the bin,convinced it was dead,only to lift the lid and find him sat there looking at me!

xx
Aha!! bug id i thought i'd share

Started by TheSpartacat on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post September 15, 2010, 18:39
by Salmo
xx
Thought I would share.

Started by BigPaddy on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 16, 2008, 21:30
by BigPaddy
xx
Allotment share in Mansfield.

Started by gavin9900 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post October 19, 2008, 10:28
by Janeymiddlewife
xx
Always willing to share a gardening idea .

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 03, 2011, 20:02
by savbo

Page created in 1.018 seconds with 36 queries.