Newbie question

• 0 Replies

Caro10

Newbie question
« on: June 28, 2010, 14:12 »
Hello!
We've been the proud 'parents' of 4 hens for 2 weeks now.  3 of them are about 18 weeks old now, 1 is defintely older.  (Beverly she is called).  Anyway, Beverly, we had assumed was laying, we were getting a small egg every other day.  (She is the only one with red comb etc. already).  She has now not layed for a week.  She seems happy, eating, drinking like the others.  Now, here's what I have noticed; a couple of times one of the other hens has been grooming / cleaning her beak for her (she looks fine, sort of mottled colour which I assume is normal for her breed - Bovans Nera ); she is always last in / out the coop now, she seems sort of er, well chubby, and when I put her away last night she looked a bit hunched up and her tail was down and to one side.  But when she moved she went back to normal.  Poo wise, (thanks to your pictures) seems OK, funny yellow ones sometimes which seem normal.  I'm going to catch her when I get home and have a grope around, but if someone can give me an idea of waht I need to look for.  Or is this all completely normal?  I wonder actually on re-reading what Ive written whether I've been sold an old bird and not a POL.
Anyway, thoughts gratefully received!

(BTW - the other hens are Amber - (Amber Star), Sylvie (French Grey) and Snowdrop (Sussex Star), in case you were interested!

xx
Yet another newbie question

Started by GillC on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post February 01, 2009, 16:49
by poultrygeist
xx
Newbie Question

Started by Derek.laurence on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 12, 2012, 09:49
by Derek.laurence
xx
Newbie with a question

Started by adw on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 31, 2007, 10:12
by happychickens
xx
newbie question

Started by colinjmx5 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 06, 2012, 17:02
by joyfull

Page created in 0.493 seconds with 36 queries.