Urgent Advice Needed

• 2 Replies

gooselady

Urgent Advice Needed
« on: June 24, 2010, 23:35 »
Hi

My goose started getting broody and trying to sit on her eggs however her boyfriend died so the eggs werent going to come to anything so i gave her some of the duck eggs to sit on thinking she will give up! But no she has sat on themall this time and two out of the five have hatched but i still have until tomorrow(Friday 25th June) for the other to hatch. Just needing to know should i take the other eggs away on saturday or leave them just a couple of extra days?? Do you think she will be happy enough if i move her to a new house with the two ducklings because she share the house with the big ducks and isnt to happy when they come in at night even though she has a her own bit they cant get into. If i move her should i move the eggs that havent hatched?I dont want to stress her and for her leave the babies.At the moment i feel im stressing her everytime i go in to let out the others and change food and water.

Any advice would be great.

agapanthus

Re: Urgent Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 00:20 »
Give it a few days before you take the eggs away....some do hatch a bit later. I should leave her where she is for a while....wait until the other eggs hatch or not. I don't think she'll be too happy sharing with the others while she has babies.

gooselady

Re: Urgent Advice Needed
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 00:37 »
The eggs were due to hatch on Wednesday(23rd) this is why im saying tomorrow being the last day.But i wasnt sure if they were like kids maybe just need that extra coupl of days.I have candled them and was wondering if its worth while doing this? She isnt too happy about the other being there but they cant get next to her she has her own bit pend off in the house.Im more bothered about the lducklings getting in with the big ones.She is a very good mum and keeps them close.

xx
urgent advice needed

Started by jhub on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post May 20, 2010, 08:34
by jhub
xx
urgent advice needed

Started by arrowni on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 12, 2009, 23:46
by arrowni
xx
Please help. urgent advice needed

Started by zoggett on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post July 22, 2010, 21:22
by ehs284
xx
Urgent Advice needed please!

Started by trinacooke on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 20, 2009, 05:54
by trinacooke

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 36 queries.