problem with toms

• 9 Replies

Debsie

• Experienced Member
problem with toms
« on: June 24, 2010, 16:50 »
my tomatoes were going great guns, so proud as have grown from seed. Now though some of the leaves seem to be curling in and looking as though they might die, have never let them dry out, and sure I haven't over watered, been feeding once or twice a week, any ideas what might be wrong, I have flowers on them.

flitwickone

• We Dig For Victory
Re: problem with toms
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 16:57 »
what variety are they i have 100/1000 in baskets and the leaves are the same flowers as well and my leaves are the same i think mine are healthy so it might be a trait of the variety

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 17:23 »
It is caused by high daytime followed by low night time temperatures....up until the last few days that is exactly what has been happening, here at any rate...........and mine are the same.
It is nothing to worry about :)

DavidT

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 18:58 »
As long as there is no sign of aphids, then, as Mum says, it is nothing to worry about. :D

fatcat1955

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 21:22 »
As the lady said nothing to worry about. All 30 of my Toms had leaf curl in May and are now going great guns.

Debsie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 21:56 »
Toms are gardeners delight, also have some tumbling toms, thanks for reassurance

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 22:01 »
It is caused by high daytime followed by low night time temperatures....up until the last few days that is exactly what has been happening, here at any rate...........and mine are the same.
It is nothing to worry about :)

SLightly OT, but does the same apply to chillies, mum? Mine look quite healthy, except for a slight leaf curl.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 22:03 »
That...I'm not sure about..........my chillies did curl but they had greenfly :blush:

sueanthony

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 13:36 »
my tomatoes were going great guns, so proud as have grown from seed. Now though some of the leaves seem to be curling in and looking as though they might die, have never let them dry out, and sure I haven't over watered, been feeding once or twice a week, any ideas what might be wrong, I have flowers on them.
Mine have been doing exactly the same and some have gone brown and died too on the top.  I think they are getting too hot in my greenhouse and I have been advised to offer alittle bit of shade.  I have therefore draped a net curtain over them so the sun isnt so fierce on them.  This may not be the problem you are having but thought I would share my problem with you in case you wanted to give it a try too

Jonajo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 17:19 »
some of mine curled and wilted a lot a while back but they came back and the fruits set ok. Had a few kilos of ripe toms from some of the plants - Incas and ferline.
"Set down the wine and the dice and perish the thought of tomorrow"

xx
problem with Toms

Started by Missy1970 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 13, 2010, 20:58
by Missy1970
xx
Problem with shop-bought toms

Started by Casey76 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 10, 2009, 11:48
by Casey76
xx
Problem with lower leaves on my newly planted g'house toms

Started by LivvyW on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post May 21, 2008, 22:45
by LivvyW
xx
Grape vine problem and pea problem

Started by Ma Lowe on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 13, 2014, 12:17
by Ma Lowe

Page created in 0.941 seconds with 38 queries.