re covatutta 7

• 7 Replies

lisa123

• Experienced Member
re covatutta 7
« on: June 23, 2010, 19:21 »
 :)  covatutta 7.  does anyone else have one of these? i have just had mine and it says once it reaches the temp it will start flashing. does is stop at all? or does it still keep on flashing all through?? information please.  ???
Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener

TeaPots

Re: re covatutta 7
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 20:05 »
I have one of these. Its very basic, but very reliable too.  There is a thermostat in it, when cold, the bulb comes on, and stays on until it reaches the set temperature, and then it will turn off. It is the heat from the lightbulb that warms it, so when the temp falls again, the bulb will come back on until it reaches temp again. You need to get a reliable thermometer and read the temperature at the point the bulb switches off. It should go off at 37.5, or 101F. Good luck with it. What are you hatching first?

lisa123

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 20:32 »
 ;) hi teapots im hatching chicken eggs not sure which sort the man i had the eggs off said he has got all sorts of chickens. so its a suprise.lol  i know what you are saying but all it is doing at the moment is flashing and has been now for about 6hrs. it is at the right tempreture though so i cant understand why it keeps flashing all the while??? :wacko:

TeaPots

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 20:37 »
 :unsure: mine doesnt. But if its the right temp...... :wub:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 10:23 »
Lisa I have moved this over to the hen house as it is a problem that you need solving so really should be over here and I have also removed the same question that you posted in GSC's post.
Staffies are softer than you think.

lisa123

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 16:12 »
thanks not sure what i am doing on this forum really need to learn the rules. thanks lisa :wub:

ehs284

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 16:30 »
Have a look at this site
http://poultrykeeperforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1227&sid=5ca1494dc16fed4875fb39cc7a158246&start=10

It seems others have the same problem. There must be a thermostat which has a temperature for switch on and another higher one for switch off. This could be faulty/mal adjusted or, if in a cold place then the heat loss may be so great that the temperature drops almost as soon as the light goes out. You could try putting a fan heater nearby to find out which.

lurcherlady

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 18:54 »
I have  one of these and have had good results with it :). It does flash all the time though...

Good Luck

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 38 queries.