Anyone else growing Sunrise potatoes?

• 0 Replies

chris23005

• Experienced Member
Anyone else growing Sunrise potatoes?
« on: June 19, 2010, 17:52 »
I am somewhat confused! I have two varieties of potato left to harvest:

Maris Peer which is due to be harvested July-September and is classed as second early
Sunrise which is due for harvesting in July and classed as maincrop.

They were both planted on the same day (27th March) and have not been allowed to dry out but have not been overwatered either. They are both in plastic bag containers.

The Maris Peer (second earlies) have been in flower for a fortnight and flowers are just beginning to die off. They are still OK although the stems flopped and I tied them up after posting on here for advice. They are now thriving and still look healthy

I have just been in to the garden and noticed that the Sunrise are looking almost dead! They didn't flower (but maybe they don't) and again they have been looked after. I have scratched the surface of the compost and got out two potatoes from very near the surface, one the size of a hen's egg and the other a little larger but I thought that these potatoes would grow bigger than this? Is it likely that there are bigger ones further down?

What do you all reckon? As the leaves are now limp (like cut flowers when they have no water) is it time to lift them? Even though it is a bit early?

xx
Sunrise Main Crop potatoes

Started by chris23005 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 12, 2010, 17:39
by chris23005
xx
Golden sunrise problem

Started by Totty on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 27, 2011, 06:39
by Springlands
xx
Any one grown "Sunrise Sweetcorn"

Started by mountainvicar on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post February 26, 2010, 10:02
by mountainvicar
xx
Growing potatoes

Started by supervegman on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post January 19, 2010, 10:39
by Jamie Butterworth

Page created in 0.431 seconds with 36 queries.