I was livid.

• 81 Replies

PennyS

• My website
Re: I was livid.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 22:38 »
I still can't believe that someone would walk across someone else's plot, or do anything that would damage it.  Outrageous!
Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

sclarke624

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 23:45 »

Excuse me!! I'm from Sarf London!!!!  :D

:lol: You know what I mean then init mate. (my roots as well).

Livinhope: the woman sounds strange to have that total lack of respect.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

kingdhesiii

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 00:03 »
This has happened to me before
Anyone caught gets their hose chopped in half. Simples. I dont have time to deal withc ouncils who will do nothing when contacted. Law in my own hands.
Woooooooooooooo

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 07:09 »
Please don't anyone start chopping hoses in half  :ohmy:

You don't want to lower yourself to their level and they'd be within their own rights to report you for criminal damage
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Livinhope

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 11:54 »
No I wouldn't go that far.  I do believe in doing things through the right channels. 

I was wild about this and wouldn't dream of walking across someone elses' patch, to me it's the same as walking into their garden to take a short cut, but I never imagined it would produce such violent feelings.  Perhaps I need to get a bit more annoyed >:( >:( >:(

andy135

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 12:01 »
Just keep turning the tap off. She'll soon get tired of having to walk back to turn it on again.  :)

Livinhope

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 12:09 »
Oh, I did turn it off immediately I realised what she had done, that's how when she came over I was able to give her a "*******ing".  It was her attitude that got me.  She tried to say that she had run the hose over a bit of undug ground, but if so how were the row of beans okay except for the broken one in the centre next to the hose, plus a couple of canes at the end of the rows as markers for spinach seeds unmoved?  i'm so annoyed about this I think I need to speak to our warden when I see her.  Who needs candals when there's one on the site?

nipper31

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 16:15 »
Is there any way you can fence your plot off so that she can't walk across?

joshbuchan

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 17:21 »
wow that well out of order, i would have cut the hose both ends and kept it for my own evidence (making sure u cut it purfectly in lenght with out plot). report her for damaging your plot, wright down a list of everything shes broken or damaged and get it payed for or replaced! dnt let it slip or she will do it again cuz she will think she can get away with it.

i would of gone crazy at her!!

Livinhope

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 17:32 »
Believe me I was mad and she knew it, she moved pretty darn fast when I shouted at her.
Yes, we can fence the plot off and have the wire netting to do it.  It just makes another unnecessary job but it would prevent her from crossing our plot and there would be no point in her walking over the plot between because she couldn't get anywhere.  It would also be sensible to fence the top as well and then no one would be able to take a short cut.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 18:22 »
That's terrible  :ohmy:  I would have yelled at her as well.

We have a horticultural society that have a trading shed at the bottom of our site and they have periodic plant sales actually in the allotments, which is a total pain as they block the paths as we get all sorts wandering roung the site.  Last time I had to chase some kids of my neighbours plot as they were eating his raspberries and the mum came over to complain to me about it.  She didn't last long  ;)  :lol:

Livinhope

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 19:05 »
This is getting into my soapbox area.  Where is the respect (what's that),  for other people and their property, that I and no doubt many of us were brought up to exercise.  It's a sad fact that we do live in a 'blow you Jack' society these days.

bailey

• Experienced Member
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010, 19:48 »
fully understand how you feel!! its disgusting behaviour!!

a few years back i had a plot on a private site, I dug the plot over and had some early things planted,, the owner of the site saw fit to loose his chickens out over my plot, when i turned up and saw it I was livid as well, his excuse was he thought he was doing me a favour???? even though he had all my contact details where he could have contacted and asked...

next day I turn up with my shotgun and a box of paxo stuffing under my arm!! thelook on this guys face when i walked up to him in his chicken area and then handed over my notice of quitting the site with a bill for wasted seed was amazing!! just wished I had a photo..  funnily enough I recieved a cheque the next day for what I was claiming..

Trillium

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 19:57 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: Loved that one.
I was in my home veg garden with my dog beside me when an unknown woman and her doberman wanted to cross my (unfenced) property as a shortcut to the ravine beyond. She shouted that I should leash up my dog so she could cross and I told her not a chance as it was my private property she wanted to trespass. Her look could have killed Satan himself, but she went round the long way. 

trogg

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 23:19 »
Just stab a few holes in her hosepipe and you plot will be watered for you  ;)
boing boing

Page created in 0.469 seconds with 38 queries.