Tylosin+ sachets 10x7,5 g by Chevita for Racing Pigeon-Ok for Hens?!

• 1 Replies

Missie

Hi,My silkie cockerel has infectious coryza,he has no symptoms of mcp or other,now my local vet charges £24.00 for the consultation plus they want £20.00 for the medication.

That's so expensive when I can buy the title stuff off of the fleabay for about £20.00 including p&p-well it is from Spain. Trouble is it is only the Silkie cockerel,none of the other bantams are infected are fine and fit.

I was given two silkie cockerels from someone advising they were defra registered,the other silkie died within a week-he was really ill.

I don't wish to seem callous but that is nearly £50.00 for dosing one bird!I just cannot justify it-I am not well off you know and hubby is off work ill at the moment.

The Tylosin from spain should be ok should it not? Or would anyone advise anything else.
Please advise,your help would be so appreciated.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
there is no guarantee that this is genuine tylan or not. I bought a bottle of tylan powder from my vets (way more than I need for just the 2 that I was treating) but have enough to give to the rest of my birds should they need it.
If it is infectious coryza then it is just that - infectious so all birds should be treated in case they are incubating the illness.
Being defra registered does not guarantee the health of a bird as defra are not aware of the breeding practises of the breeder nor does defra know the conditions they are kept in and how good the bio security is.
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
race pigeon Help!!

Started by Dawnuss on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 15:58
by shetan
xx
Pigeon keeping

Started by Bodger on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 06, 2008, 22:02
by Bodger
smiley
BABY PIGEON

Started by Little jack on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 05, 2009, 09:27
by Sassy
xx
Baby pigeon & pic of my coop & run so far....

Started by Chookaholic on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post July 21, 2008, 22:35
by Chookaholic

Page created in 0.49 seconds with 37 queries.