vine weed

• 2 Replies

44hexx

vine weed
« on: June 06, 2010, 21:28 »
hello everyone i am new on here. i am having great trouble with vine weed on my allotment and am at my wits end with it popping up here and there between my veggies etc, does anyone have any solutions, many thanks vicky

Hey Jude

• Experienced Member
Re: vine weed
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 21:46 »
Hi Vicky, I've got it on my plot and like you, it drives me crackers - I swear I can hear it growing while I'm digging! I just keep digging it out when I see it, and hoe regularly as I don't want to start using chemicals on it (I'd be there forever anyway if I started, and there's too many crops in now!). Jude.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: vine weed
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 21:52 »
Welcome to the site  :D

Do you mean bindweed?  Heartshaped leaves and climbs up plants?

If you are prepared to use chemicals, then a glyphosate-based one is what you need.  You could grow the weed up canes and then spray the cane.  But if it's interwoven in other plants you either paint it on very carefully (probably get a specific product for this, which is thick enough not to run off onto your precious plants) or cannot use chemicals.

Organically, or where you can't use the chemical, you can keep it under control by repeatedly hoeing / digging / pulling it out.  That will weaken it if you are rigorous about this.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
what to do with vine

Started by chickpeacurry on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 27, 2013, 01:40
by Trillium
xx
Vine

Started by Babstreefern on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 13, 2010, 20:06
by Carrotcake
xx
Vine weevil SOS - please help!

Started by Auntiemogs on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 28, 2013, 16:09
by pdblake
xx
Vine suppliers

Started by Westude on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 24, 2010, 11:53
by Westude

Page created in 0.592 seconds with 36 queries.