Teeny weeny plugs of osteospermum and marguerites.

• 2 Replies

sclarke624

I ordered some plug plants that I thought would be bigger than they are.  The plants are osteospermums and marguerites.   The modules they are in are only about an inch to an inch and an half across.  So now I don't know what to do wether to pot on, into a say 5" pot and then pot on again, or to put in the big 12" pot I was intending to put them in.

Do you think they will grow to give a bushy plant this year?

Should I pot on or put them in the intended 12" pot, although it would look a bit daft on its own?

I was thinking if I put them in the big pot already I could surround with busy lizzies that I have, they will die come late autumn and the perinneals will still be there I hope.  I could then molly coddle these for next year, when I would hope they are normal size.

I thought they would be bigger as the margueirtes and osteospermums pictures were of grown plants, my mistake, I should have got garden ready ones, from a shop that calls them that or at least gives you some idea of size.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Teeny weeny plugs of osteospermum and marguerites.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 10:45 »
I would pot them on, rather than into their final pots....they will grow incredibly quickly in some decent compost at this time of year :)
I bought plug fuschias 2 weeks ago and in that short time they have grown enough to go out into the garden.

In a mixed pot they would be competing for food and root space, so not ideal for them.

sclarke624

Re: Teeny weeny plugs of osteospermum and marguerites.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 13:33 »
Righty o then.  Shame cos by now I usually have a lovely display.  Well shame cos I wanted to sort out my new high rise flower beds that OH built for me.  But I could put them in pots behind when they are big enough.  These beds are only 12" high.

xx
Marguerites

Started by sclarke624 on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post May 14, 2012, 08:09
by GYO Girl
xx
Teeny tiny narcissus.

Started by Kleftiwallah on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post August 21, 2021, 02:28
by Subversive_plot
xx
Teeny tiny daff's

1 Replies
Last post August 09, 2020, 13:47
by basketcase
xx
Teeny tiny daffodils.

2 Replies
Last post March 14, 2021, 06:55
by Growster...

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 39 queries.