For Dawninspain

• 2 Replies

Oliveview

For Dawninspain
« on: June 16, 2007, 10:00 »
Hi Dawn,
Our toms are great- really growing well, I have some really large fruit and soon I will be able to eat my first two as there are two almost red! The peppers are doing well, and I have one pepper almost big enough to eat.  Shame I can´t say the same about my cuecumber.... the mole ate it! There was a baby cue on Wednesday, I went to show my friend on Thursday and the plant was dead, and a mole hill right beside it :x  War is declared as on Thursday on moles :cry:
Pamela (In Spain)
ps neighbours toms have picked up, after they were dying from blight, he picked off the dead bits in the end.  They are way behind mine and I have even given him some of my ´homegrown´tom plants- which he said were a waste of time cos the garden centre had good plants!

dawninspain

For Dawninspain
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 13:34 »
Thanks for the post Pamela. Thankfully we have no moles here. I'm keeping everything crossed that we lose no more tomato plants but have bought some plants from our local nursery as a back up in case any more do die.  Its so disheartening when you lose plants that you have nursed since they were seeds. I'd hate to lose a whole crop due to something like blight.

None of our neighbours grow much in the way of veg and until we created our veg plot our land had not been cultivated so at the moment we don't have many pests or diseases to cope with (touching wood). Its so hard trying to do proper crop rotation as you get to the point were you are trying just to fit things into a spare patch of land.

Dawn

Oliveview

For Dawninspain
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 10:10 »
From what I can see the neighbours grow the potatoes in the same place every year, with toms and peppers going in between times!
I don´t think they have heared of crop rotation :?
Pamela (in Spain)

Page created in 0.354 seconds with 36 queries.