housing for up to 4 bantams comfortably not overcrowded or small run

• 1 Replies

clare99d

ok so this will be my first attempt at having chickens away from home as my dad had some years ago i want bantams as there smaller than the L/F but could someone point me in the right direction as to where i could get suitable housing for up to 4 birds they will be hens as there more for my kids than anything oh and the freshest of fresh eggs  ::)

many thanks i am just worried i will get something way to small or go overkill lol

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
It depends on how much you want to spend really. An eglu would be brilliant (you just move it every week or so onto new ground to keep them supplied with grass) or do as I have done and just bought a tool shed (not too big about 4 feet by 2.5 feet by about 4 feet high). Grannie Annies Brian has adapted my nest box and fitted that into the door and put his own design pop hole into the other side for me. He has also made me some large fence panels (6 feet high) a walk through door and an end fence panel. This is to house my 4 sablepoots in as in winter these (like silkie bantams) should be kept out of the bad weather - this year the snow was as high as my sablepoots are tall so they spent the winter in a shed  :( - now at least they will have a large run to keep dry in.
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Housing - 1 large or several small?

Started by gsc on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 30, 2010, 17:02
by GrannieAnnie
xx
hen housing

Started by karlooben on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post March 10, 2009, 21:20
by raeburg
xx
Hen housing

Started by pmw on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post January 20, 2008, 18:58
by pmw
xx
coop housing

Started by lynn12 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post October 07, 2016, 12:16
by Willow_Warren

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 37 queries.