Don't forget to open the pop hole after cleaning!!

• 2 Replies

cheriton

What a palaver, I waited until later to clean out the girls today as it was so hot.  I closed the pop hole for safety cleaned the coop and nest box sprayed with red mite spray, put in the hemcore- great stuff (thank you for the recommendation Aunt Sally and others).

I left the roost out to dry in the sun with the slide out base  put them back and forgot to open up the pop hole................. :mad:

Needless to say I went down to shut them in at 9.45 and they were sat on the floor in the run , what a wally............................ :ohmy:

I though I would tease them in with the broom wrong idea lots of noise  - so much for keeping my chickens secret the whole neighbourhood must have heard :wacko: :wacko:

I then crawled in the run managed to catch Balti after a flutter about and put her in the coop. Catching Bhuna was another thing lots of pecking,  fluttering and noise (lots of noise  :lol: :lol:) so I left her a moment . She sat down in the run I crept in again picked her up and she went in the coop as quite as a mouse.

grumpydad

Re: Don't forget to open the pop hole after cleaning!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 14:49 »
lol, easily done, i have done mine out today, but i only use virkon liquid to disinfect so it dries quickly in this weather, but i waited till after they had laid.

Craig69

• Experienced Member
  • Kinder - Cadbury & Little One ~ Newton Abbot
    • Jellyfish Window Cleaning
Re: Don't forget to open the pop hole after cleaning!!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 09:36 »
Done that a few time  ::)
They don't look too happy when i pick them up to put them away. They never make a noise but i'm sure they give me a funny look ::)

xx
Pop Hole or Poop hole?

Started by Junie on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post June 20, 2011, 09:01
by Junie
xx
Don't forget .................

Started by ANHBUC on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post December 12, 2012, 12:12
by Mrs Bee
clip
What is this in the egg I just cracked open?!?

Started by justmezoe on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post August 26, 2020, 21:14
by samuria
xx
voting open.

Started by joyfull on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post July 02, 2011, 07:16
by joyfull

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 36 queries.