Another Squash question(s)

• 2 Replies

prakash_mib

Another Squash question(s)
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:07 »
not seriously bothered about saving for seeds. I have questions for growing.
I am trying to grow cues, bottle gourd, snake gourd and bitter melon. considering all are squash varieties
1. can they go in the plot (squeezed somewhere in half a plot we have) and grow/produce in harmony?
2. will they be different in producing fruits than the standalone ones? (assuming there will be cross pollination)
3. The bottle gourd is climbing variety and as i dont have any space, can it creep around the sweetcorn patch.
4. OH brought an Indian cue variety plant from the local garden centre, can they go with the other cue variety we grow.
One kid is handful. Two kids.... Example for chaos theory. Hats off to my mum who managed three...

chimaera

• Experienced Member
Re: Another Squash question(s)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:37 »
I think those are all different species, rather than forms from the C. pepo/maxima complex (almost all pumpkins, courgettes etc) that are so prone to interbreeding and so may not interbreed very much if at all. They presumably all need the same things (lots of food and water) and as long as one does not smother another, I see no reason why they can't live together. I think all naturally climb to some extent, go given the chance they all will try (if the fruit are not too heavy).

Charlie

prakash_mib

Re: Another Squash question(s)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 14:17 »
thanks charlie. very valuable advice. seeing by your recent posts on squash i would defenitely propose squash expert/god title for you to the mods.
mods???

xx
squash question

Started by eeyore on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post January 03, 2009, 23:36
by compostqueen
xx
SQUASH QUESTION

Started by jazzbyrd on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 27, 2010, 19:24
by Trillium
xx
squash question

Started by owein on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post June 12, 2008, 11:26
by owein
xx
Squash question

Started by canwickplot on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post August 28, 2009, 19:46
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.653 seconds with 35 queries.