Does anyone know what this is?

• 35 Replies

Spana

Re: Does anyone know what this is?
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 09:22 »
Well,If you are thinking of chucking them out anyway, I would plant both and then give both a severe hair cut and see what happens. :)

victoria_plum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 12:16 »
That was my original plan, I just didn't want to risk infecting other things.  I think things do sometimes get spotty when they are overcrowded don't they.

DavidT

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 19:49 »
That was my original plan, I just didn't want to risk infecting other things.  I think things do sometimes get spotty when they are overcrowded don't they.

The Hebe has a form of  Chocolate Spot, spray it with a fungicide and it will be fine. :D

victoria_plum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 11:17 »
Well.. I think the tall upright thing IS an Himalayan honeysuckle so have planted it as such, in an area where I could do with a thug to sort the area out!

And after leaving them way too long in their bags of soil I decided to plant the Hebes out and then cut them right back like a buddleia (harsh but worth a go)  as I don't want to introduce spotty fungus into the garden at this stage in the year. 

Finger's crossed!

DavidT

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 19:55 »
Well.. I think the tall upright thing IS an Himalayan honeysuckle so have planted it as such, in an area where I could do with a thug to sort the area out!

And after leaving them way too long in their bags of soil I decided to plant the Hebes out and then cut them right back like a buddleia (harsh but worth a go)  as I don't want to introduce spotty fungus into the garden at this stage in the year. 

Finger's crossed!

You go for it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

victoria_plum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 16:53 »
Well...  Just an update.

The Hebes - two sets of trunks sticking out of the ground - ARE SPROUTING!!!!!!!

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 36 queries.