Help!!!

• 6 Replies

Rachie

Help!!!
« on: April 22, 2010, 12:41 »
HI I have just got myself an allotment and I don't really know where to start with the whole fruti and veg growing. My first task is weeding which is relatively simple but as for the veg........Any ideas for a first time grower

Thanks

::)

Manlea1

• Experienced Member
Re: Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:59 »
I would go for tomatoes,runner beans,lettuce anything thats easy to grow and forgiving if i was you  :)
Loads of great info on here from very experienced peeps so just ask away  :) im new so learning aswell lol  :lol:

Lee

compostqueen

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 13:06 »
courgettes are dead easy and you get rewards fast, and the good news is that you can share all this bounty with your friends and neighbours  :D

Radishes and spring onions are easy and rewarding as well. Little Gem lettuces and there are still onion sets in the shops. 

You could clear a small bed first and plant it up so you have something to give you a boost while tackling the next bed, and the next and so on  :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 18:59 »
Welcome to the site  :D

Have a look at the pages and threads in these links, they'll give you some really good advice

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=36.0

http://www.allotment-garden.org/growing_information.php
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

jondav

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 20:44 »
I would go for runner beans, raddish,and garlic,if you like it,get a bulb or two from a supermarket split the clloves and just plant with the tip showing,also cut and come again salad leaves are reletively easy

flitwickone

• We Dig For Victory
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 21:06 »
defo plant garlic but watch the super market ones they may have been heat treated so they wont do much anyhow welcome to the forums

digalotty

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 21:22 »
onoin sets and potatoes if you can get them now, most salad crop are easy and beans too runners and broad and french, beetroot and carrots
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

Page created in 0.599 seconds with 37 queries.