Problem with eggs

• 2 Replies

littlewitch

Problem with eggs
« on: April 12, 2010, 18:25 »
Sorry folks that I only seem to be on here at the moment when I've got a problem but what with one thing (OH and his 2nd total knee replacement - he's doing quite well now) & another, time just seems to fly passed, anyway back to the current problem with the chooks -
all seem to appear healthy but one of them has laid suspect eggs recently i.e. when cracked open the egg has dark/black speck/s in it (i've flushed them to be safe) but cracked one today & it appeared to have a small black 'wormy' type thing in it (that egg also got flushed away) the remaining girls eggs seem to be be ok.
The BIG question is - should we be very worried? and can it be treated if there is something wrong?  Also what could it be, please if any one knows?
Many thanks in advance... .... :unsure: :unsure:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 18:34 by littlewitch »

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Problem with eggs
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 18:34 »
the dark spot in the egg is probably what is known as a meat spot - they often occur when a blood vessel ruptures during the egg making process (these sometimes happen when the hen has a shock), the eggs with these in are perfectly ok to eat although I just flick that bit out.
Not sure about the wormy thing though - if you get another could you please photograph it and post then you might get a better response  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

littlewitch

Re: Problem with eggs
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 18:40 »
thanks joyfull, the wormy thing was in the albumen same as the other bits in previous eggs but if it should happen again, will be sure ti take piccies & post but hopefully won't have to, fingers crossed.

xx
Problem with hen about to hatch eggs

Started by juliebuckley on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post May 24, 2007, 02:42
by alan42
xx
soft eggs sorted but now she's eating the hard shelled eggs!!!

Started by wolverine on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 19, 2010, 21:23
by orchardlady
xx
wanted mandarin duck eggs and peacock eggs please - wales

Started by CMFAM on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 04, 2008, 16:00
by babe
xx
shell less eggs and partly shelled eggs

Started by symonep on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 21, 2012, 19:42
by symonep

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 37 queries.