cream crackered

• 18 Replies

chili

• Experienced Member
cream crackered
« on: April 09, 2010, 15:14 »
well spent a good day down the plot and finally got my spuds in, you don't realise how unfit you become when you don't do any physical work lol.
i do shift work days and nights at a steel stockholders and thats easier than diggin :) every time i have been off work this year the weather has been against me until today :) now am going to sit and let my mrs wait on my hand and foot :)

Trillium

Re: cream crackered
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 15:22 »
If she waits on them too long, you won't have any feeling left in them  :D

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 15:52 »
we put our spuds in yesterday and we had a little nap once we got home!!! Not very fit at the moment!!

madcat

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 16:01 »
I did 2 hrs on my knees clearing the strawberry & soft fruit bed yesterday evening (not as organised as Trill. and it got away from me last year) and now my ... posterior ... muscles are killing me.   :(  I haven't yet told them I've only done a mean half so far ....    :ohmy:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

unconcerned

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 16:13 »
Anyone else noticing that they are getting a little more trim....getting rid of the sedentry excess of winter?

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 16:39 »
Absolutely..!  :D What was hard going a few weeks ago has become easier and I'm trotting around the garden not slumping with each foot. When I can stop wearing my heavy wellies, I shall be whizzing and meeting myself coming back.! Only prob I have is getting up from kneeling - all those over a certain age will identify with this. I'm 62 in June so I take it as it comes.  :lol:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Trillium

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 19:29 »
I go regularly to a health club all winter, but you don't use the same muscles as gardening. That should make me doubly fit  :lol: As for knees, once I'm down, I stay down and crawl wherever I have to go. I keep my kneeling pad handy with it's hanging cord and drag it with me. Direct contact with damp soil really inflames the touch of arthritis in my knees.

tulsalady

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 22:08 »
goosegirl your'e still a child. i can't get down let alone get up LOL   ::)
Laugh a lot and be happy.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 22:28 »
i can't get down let alone get up LOL   

Yes, I can relate to that :( I tend to garden bottom up, as I find it's easier for me to bend from the back than bend my knees  ::)................it must be a site to behold  ;)

lacewing

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 06:39 »
I planted six 18ft rows of potatoes last week, had to trench for each row as the ground had not been manured in the autunn. I could feel the pull on my back at the fourth row but I was determent to carry on and get them all planted in case the weather turned again.
Next morning, having managed somehow to raise myself out of bed, I made it to the bathroon in the stooped pisition, and then had to slide down the stairs on my bum as my knees seemed to have locked and  refused to bend.
Took about three days to get back to normal, well, what I call normal. I don't think I'd push it that far again.
There is no better show of antisipation than a man sowing seeds in a field.

Lottiegob

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 07:35 »
My chap & I have spent 2 days on the lottie trying to catch up on the digging, hopefully get those first spuds in today - but can hardly get out of bed this morning, I've gone numb! :blink:
I'm queen of my own compost heap and I'm getting used to the smell.

Christine

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 07:55 »
A nice hot bath for all of you. And use Epsom Salts to cure the aches and pains. It may be good for the plants but the same stuff from the gardeners association is good in baths!  :D

andy135

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 08:11 »
................and I thought it was just me that was cream crackerd..........!  :lol:

fletch

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 12:13 »
I feel like I've been falling to bits this week!  :lol: First my right hip went and I could hardly walk so decided to do things which didn't put pressure on it, then I pulled my right shoulder  :blink:.
I had a day off and then got stuck in again on Friday, felt fine until I came indoors and sat down and then my knee locked  :lol:.

That said, I do feel a lot fitter and can crack on with stuff without getting out of breath. My mind has tons of enthusiasm to get stuff done it's just a shame my body is lagging behind by about 10 years  :lol:.

Reet, best get back out there.............
First timer, NOT enjoying the backache anymore!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 12:32 »
Wed: Pulled my shoulder lifting a shed door I am making for a friend into the house, so
Thurs: Spent 3 hours on my hands and knees in my living room assembling a flat-pack TV unit I had bought for a friend. Result: shoulder even sorer, knees extremely tender.
Fri: Having decided there were a few parts of me still working managed to prepare beds and sow lettuce and parsnips.
Sat: Pretty much everything aching now but had to to do some h*usew*rk as I'd got some friends coming round for dinner.
Today: Might spray the roses assuming my trigger-finger is still working!

Good job I'm not a horse!!!   :unsure:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
Marigold Hand Cream

Started by GaryH on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 11, 2008, 08:06
by GaryH
xx
Keeping cream Cauliflower heads!

Started by Maxine Groobey on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 06:36
by rikknikk
xx
cream spots on tomato leaves

Started by LivvyW on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 04, 2009, 13:19
by Jay The Digger

Page created in 0.528 seconds with 39 queries.