cause for concern?

• 5 Replies

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
cause for concern?
« on: April 05, 2010, 16:23 »
the eggs are on day 19 in the incky, 100% sure as everythings written down, i heard a chirping noise, and looked through the window and one has already cracked the egg and could hear it moving about :blink:, surley day 19 is to early for this, the other eggs are quiet with just this one chirping. ive upped the humidity yesterday after there last turn and quickly dampened the  small sponges today.  seems v early to me, all the eggs whent in the same time and day, what do you all think :)

Chookiechook

• riverside quails
Re: cause for concern?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 17:08 »
It could be that this egg was sat in a slight hotspot in the bator, or that the whole thing was a degree to hot??  That would account for an early hatch :)

Is the bator still or forced air...??

Or it could be that that egg was fresher than the others and has a head start..

Keep an eye on the rest, they may all burst into life in the next few hours :)

Good luck and dont forget to let us know what hatches :)
I love Pekins, Polands and Seramas :) and eggs!!!

dizzylizzie

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 17:40 »
Nope, my little maran chicke hatched out on day 19! I was told that very fresh eggs can account for this, and this eggs was put straight under olive (the broody hen) after it was laid :)

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 18:31 »
thanx :D its a forced air inky, put 2 slightly damp sponges is yday as well as there usual water pot to give them a  little xtra moisture. v excited as this is my first lot ever in there :) hope it works and there ok, the egg in question is in the cooler part of the inky near the side. ill let you know how they go ! :tongue2:

TeaPots

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 23:43 »
woooohoooo, piccie please

I have had hatches at day 19, usually incie is half a degree too warm....can take 24 hours to hatch after pipping, so dont panic yet, they should be fine. Just DONT open incie til 24hours after hatch. Humidity at this stage is really crucial, dont lose it by opening, or the membranes will dry.

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:50 »
got up at 7.30 and there was 2 chicks! :tongue2: another on the way out, think ones a male cream legbar :nowink: the other a silkie cross, the devils had knocked the water over :ohmy: had to open it quicky to refill and move, v cute chicks :)there drying nicely, and have set the broder up, how long till i can take them out, was spying thru the little window and one was pecking at me thru it :tongue2: little devil!   

xx
poo concern

Started by beulah59 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post December 31, 2009, 19:50
by beulah59
xx
Cause for concern?

Started by Carolf on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 13, 2012, 11:21
by joyfull
xx
Cause for concern?

Started by Fannyann on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 28, 2007, 19:45
by Aunt Sally
xx
Cause for concern?

Started by Catsmuvva on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post June 12, 2011, 19:08
by Catsmuvva

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 35 queries.