PSB

• 8 Replies

noshed

PSB
« on: March 30, 2010, 12:04 »
I am in PSB heaven at the moment. As are some of my special friends at work. I'm starting on the rhubarb too...
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: PSB
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:21 »
I'm jealous! :(

granjan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 12:58 »
I've still got another few days to wait  :(  I noticed that it was £1.69 for 200 gms in the supermarket so I will enjoy it all the more when I get it and it will taste better  :)

Lewjam

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 13:27 »
Nope all i found was scales and pet shop boy records...

PSB??
 :tongue2:
lol

I hate signatures but love irony

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 13:48 »
I am in PSB heaven at the moment. As are some of my special friends at work. I'm starting on the rhubarb too...

I'm watching my rhubarb, especially after all the rain  :D  I'm saving the PSB for my mum who's coming to stay on Friday - she loves it!

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 14:13 »
Nope all i found was scales and pet shop boy records...

PSB??
 :tongue2:
lol

Purple Sprouting Broccoli :D

rhythmvick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 14:55 »
I'm having spaghetti with PSB, anchovy, chilli and parmesan tonight - can't wait. Should make these grey clouds scurry away, metaphorically speaking.

And I can't wait for rhubarb - rhubarb bread-and-butter pudding on Easter Sunday - nom  :D nom :D nom  :D
Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls:  all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves.  ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 18:36 »
I'm having spaghetti with PSB, anchovy, chilli and parmesan tonight - can't wait. Should make these grey clouds scurry away, metaphorically speaking.

And I can't wait for rhubarb - rhubarb bread-and-butter pudding on Easter Sunday - nom  :D nom :D nom  :D

rhythmvick - do you pre cook the rhubarb or put it in raw?

rhythmvick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 09:39 »
I cook it down to a rough puree-ish, not too much sugar because the rest of the dish is sweet, and make rhubarb sandwiches! Sometimes I make rhubarb and ginger jam and just use that instead if it's knocking around.

If I'm making plain rhubarb B&B pudding, I grate some orange zest and mix it with demerara sugar - sprinkle it on top of the pud before it goes in the oven. Then serve with custard of stem ginger ice-cream - I've got a bit of a thing about rhubarb and ginger together.   :happy:

I also make a rhubarb and custard tart that's realy good  :) I'll have to find the recipe - although I'm aware this is a PSB thread and is being hijacked  :(

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 36 queries.