Which is better?

• 4 Replies

gardener247

• Experienced Member
Which is better?
« on: March 24, 2010, 19:10 »
should i leave my fruit trees in their small pots and prepare a very good planting hole with lots of manure and plant in april-june or should i plant them now in average soil  ???

Trillium

Re: Which is better?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 19:11 »
Because fruit trees are so long term, you'll want to give it the best soil you can so keep the pots watered until that nice manured hole is ready.

peanut

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 19:14 »
Now, I like small pots   but I also like holes in the soil, which is better?  There's only one way to find out...

FIGHT!!!
Plot 11L Woodhall allotments, Chelmsford, Essex. 

It's against the law in Australia to fornicate with a kangaroo.................unless you are drunk!!!  Otherwise, it'd be disgusting :@

realfood

• Experienced Member
    • Grow Your Own Info
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 19:46 »
I avoid planting fruit trees with lots of manure as it is liable to produce lots of sappy green growth and delay fruiting. I would plant now with perhaps a little slow release bone meal, if the ground has not been fertilized for several years.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 19:51 »
Now, I like small pots   but I also like holes in the soil, which is better?  There's only one way to find out...

FIGHT!!!
I think you are watching too much telly!! :D

Next week you will be able to use your energy up digging etc instead! No need for telly with the longer days. :nowink:

Page created in 0.527 seconds with 36 queries.