Dizzy Hen

• 5 Replies

kathynatalie

Dizzy Hen
« on: March 23, 2010, 12:45 »
Please can someone help I have an Old Black Hen who was always a little wobbly on her legs but when I went to see her this morning It was liek someone with Vertigo or something of the same symptoms. Everytime she shakes her head she falls over then when she lifts her head shes all wobbly. Once she's righted herself and sat down she seems quite happy. This has only come on today only antibiotic I have handy is Baytrol and as we speak she is in a small quite place where I put her after her last fall. Any advice would be welcome! When I say old she was old when I got her 5 years ago! Thank you   

Elcie

Re: Dizzy Hen
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 20:07 »
I am really sorry but I don't know the answer to your question.  Welcome to the site and I hope that someone is able to help you soon.

lucylou

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 20:57 »
hi Kathynatalie - how is your girl now?

kathynatalie

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 21:16 »
she is no better,when i went in to put her to bed her head was still a little wobely,if there is no change in her tomorrow i will take her to the vets,but  i dont really trust them ,been with ducks before and not very helpfull.

thebumbles

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 20:29 »
Hi

How is your hen? I had a similar thing happen to me on Sunday - my little hen was next to me whilst I was weeding, then suddenly she just fell over. Then just wobbled about and couldn't seem to stand or walk- like she was drunk.  Anyway gave her a quiet cuddle and then put her to bed thinking the worst - she may have had a stroke. Next morning she was a little better, still wobbly, but now she seems recovered - really strange. Who knows what that was.

Hope your girl recovered too.

kathynatalie

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 08:32 »
hi  thanks for your reply,she seems much the same this morning so im takeing her to the vets ,someone suggested a ear infection,anyway will keep you posted and thanks again for takeing the time to reply

xx
First lay, now she's 'dizzy'

Started by MarkBrad on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 05, 2009, 10:25
by joyfull
exclamation
Dizzy/drunk acting hen?

Started by didsomeonesayellie on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post November 22, 2011, 08:14
by Sassy

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 36 queries.