Frost!

• 4 Replies

FatGaz

• Experienced Member
Frost!
« on: June 01, 2007, 23:25 »
:evil:  The frost got my potatoes and runner beans and courgettes the other night  :cry:

Will I get a crop off my potatoes? The leaves on the top half of the plants have been hit - the bottom half are ok.

Courgettes are in the compost bin! - Fingers crossed on my runner beans - I'm hoping they will pull through!?!?
:mrgreen:   GAZ   :mrgreen:

WG.

Frost!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 23:27 »
Potatoes will be fine.  Think you should resow others.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Frost!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 23:28 »
Bad luck Gaz  :cry:

Sven The Swede

• Experienced Member
Re: Frost!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 07:11 »
Quote from: "FatGaz"
:evil:  The frost got my potatoes and runner beans and courgettes the other night  :cry:

Will I get a crop off my potatoes? The leaves on the top half of the plants have been hit - the bottom half are ok.

Courgettes are in the compost bin! - Fingers crossed on my runner beans - I'm hoping they will pull through!?!?

Know how you feel mate,lost my tomatoes, courgettes and my sweetcorn. My Potatoes same has yours. Yes the will be ok just might take a bit long to grow. Told by fellow allotment holder you just have to wait a bit longer before you dig them up.

I have put rest like you in me compost bin.Gonna today replant sweetcorn straight in the grown and cover with me mini greenhouse and I still have toms in greenhouse at home so will plant them out in 2 weeks to replace dead ones. Fingers crossed there will be no more frost now. I will be checking www.bbc.co.uk/weather every day for the next 3 weeks. My mate next to me down my allotment is gonna give me 4 Courgettes next week, so hopefully everything will end with smiles on are faces

:) Cheers Steve
I CAME LATE TO THIS GAME, BUT IT'S IN THE BLOOD. I TRY TO BE ORGANIC BUT SORRY HAVE TO USE THE SLUG PELLETS.

Sven The Swede

• Experienced Member
Frost!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 07:21 »
www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2840

this is the weather in my area for next five day looking good growing weather and the nights will be fine.Dont you just love this country for it weather, cant't beat it :lol: Would not live anywhere else,well Ireland would be ok. Grow good spuds there :wink:

xx
Frost

Started by Ryan1uk on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post April 28, 2012, 15:56
by Diddy Gardener
xx
Frost -

Started by The Thin Blue Line on Grow Your Own

55 Replies
Last post December 20, 2007, 10:31
by Annie
xx
Frost?

Started by dougsta on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post May 04, 2010, 18:18
by Digger Tom
xx
Dig the frost in

Started by vikingraider on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post December 03, 2023, 10:36
by pepsi100

Page created in 1.195 seconds with 36 queries.