Beates food

• 8 Replies

Lottieluv

Beates food
« on: March 07, 2010, 23:57 »
Any one get bags of chicken food called beates or somethink like that ??? O have going it's terrable and for the price of there top range food I was expecting golden eggs . If I take them off it they lay if I feed them it they don't lay ??? Any ideas as of to why as I know if I eat ice cream I don't feel to cracking after wonder if they are the same ????.  Think it's called beates.   Sounds like it lol.    Beeates.  Lol I look tommrow for shaw but anyone get it ???

Also what do you guys pay on food 20kg bag I can get

Mixed corn 25kg bag 6 pound

20kg pellets layers 6.99

or garden blend with every thing on for 7.98. --25kg

or beeeeeeattteeesss lol for 12 pound 20 kg magic organic stuff lol

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Beates food
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 00:28 »
If you mean Bearts Ollie, a chap who had some table chicks and turkey poults off us was really pleased with his feed from them.  His birds actually weighed out more than ours.

Have you just tried them out?  Perhaps its because you changed their food over.  It takes a while for chooks to get used to new feed.

We are just trying Bearts chick crumb and grower and finisher.  Will let you know how we get on!

Lottieluv

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 08:17 »
Yeah that be the stuff . I find that they don't lay well on it at all .  Probley 2 /3 eggs a week per bird .
Not crAcking

lisa80

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 12:50 »
answering your second question our layers pellets 20 kg is just under £6 same sized bag of mixed corn £5 :)

goodegg

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 12:59 »
7.50 layers pellets 25 k  9.50 mixed corn 25 k over here

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 20:32 »
I had a call from a lady this afternoon who had 20 of our first Amberlinks 3 years ago, and from her chickens now, (obviously she has more than 20!) she is getting 60-70 eggs per day and they all get fed Bearts layers pellets!

So can't be that bad!

Lottieluv

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 19:45 »
Ahh I see maybe they just don't like my coop they should do it cost a arm and a leg .
Getting new coop in next few weeks it's 6 foot by 4 foot.  And 4 foot high  . It's quiet nice I have a bloke that makes coops near me and when I get my new coop only costing me 120 pound the coop I have at the min is 40 foot by 12 foot . And has 40 nest boxes  and 12 pearches at 10 foot long each .
The bloke made that for me as well . But I also use it for them in winter so there inside a lot I only have 40 odd chickens and to be fair only 4 of them are brown hens ISA  the rest are west Norfolk wonkeys as I call them .  There cross breeds and there's some realy nice colours and 1 has 6 toes ???  There's crosses from orpingtons silky.barne velders.--- Pekins -old English game- Indian phesant foul .

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 14:03 »
I should think its more likely to be they don't like the change in feed.  When did you switch them onto Bearts feed?  Perhaps it would be a good idea to mix the 2 feeds and don't give them any treats for a while?  Hungry hens WILL eat!   :D :D

And if money is a bit short, don't bother giving them expensive stuff like organic.

Lottieluv

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 23:56 »
They have been on layers from beeats for a good year or so just egg laying seems to be low this morning I had 3 eggs off all my birds ??? Not good . The sign had to come down ( eggs for sale ) I had misses right knock on the door at 9 o'clock saying well when wil you have some as I'm low .... Lol felt like saying ( well il ask them when I next talk to the chickens)  she's a verry strange woman but she likes her eggs she buys 6 off me every day .  At 9 o'clock every morning she's round . 

Had the little * rob me yesterday  took the money pot off the stand and kicked the egg table over little *. I see them do it there about 12 years old and can run 5 times faster than a dad of 3 lol not quiet as quick as I was when I was younger lol .

xx
food help

Started by Jade23 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post August 14, 2009, 13:14
by chickenlady
xx
Were to keep the food?

Started by WR1 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 16, 2008, 08:09
by jammy
xx
Too much food?

Started by Evansent on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 23, 2008, 20:30
by karlooben
xx
what food ???

Started by Tony H on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post November 22, 2011, 21:42
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.405 seconds with 28 queries.