What I did on the allotment today

• 2312 Replies

ember

Re: What I did on the allotment today
« Reply #1575 on: July 28, 2010, 10:31 »
Things is moving on. Monday collected trailer full of manure and 3/4 filled compost head (4 pallets and some poles). About 8 barrowloads so that was enough. Heap will probably take another 2 trailer loads so more graft there then. :ohmy:
When I arrived, there were so many docks, I thought it was Southampton.

jamima

« Reply #1576 on: July 28, 2010, 11:53 »
Picked my first kidney beans and squashed all the eggs from the white butterflies on my cabbages  :)

Totty

« Reply #1577 on: July 28, 2010, 20:26 »
Today I... Did the weekly hand weed, pulled 2 Kohl Rabi, Cut a few more courgettes,  made 4 little sponge seats for the melons to keep them off the soil...

richrua

• Experienced Member
    • allotment ireland
« Reply #1578 on: July 28, 2010, 22:36 »
I dug over a little more of the rough spot. I avoided the frequent heavy rain showers by ducking into my shed, which made me tidy it a little. I  don't have much in there yet. Gonna get a few hooks to hang some tools on . Then it will be a proper shed. :D

Oh and an earwig bit me right on the tip of my finger.  :mad: It was hiding in the finger of my work glove. Strange but true. It was like getting a thorn stuck in you!

You'll never plow a field by turning it over in your mind.

"Tús maith leath na hoibre."

Paul Plots

« Reply #1579 on: July 29, 2010, 05:50 »
.........I avoided the frequent heavy rain showers by ducking into my shed, which made me tidy it a little. I  don't have much in there yet. Gonna get a few hooks to hang some tools on . Then it will be a proper shed. :D

I was sooo pleased when I had my new shed - I put up hooks - organised and fiddled - it was perfect and so nice to have a tidy little place everytime I visited the plot. Especially as my father's old shed had been such a muddle and this new one had replaced it...

But now I keep thinking: "I must make time to tidy the shed!" ...... so maybe I need that rain in more than one way!!  ::)  :lol:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Springlands

« Reply #1580 on: July 29, 2010, 08:22 »
You were posting early this morning Learner (5.50am). O the joys of retirement - I just turn over for another hours kip now instead of the 5.45 start.  :nowink:

Paul Plots

« Reply #1581 on: July 29, 2010, 11:19 »
You were posting early this morning Learner (5.50am). O the joys of retirement - I just turn over for another hours kip now instead of the 5.45 start.  :nowink:

I'm on a few days break from being the main carer for my parents so making the best of it while I can choose what I do and when.  ;)

Bizzi Lizzi

« Reply #1582 on: July 29, 2010, 11:51 »

I'm on a few days break from being the main carer for my parents so making the best of it while I can choose what I do and when.  ;)

All carers are worth their weight in gold, have a really good break.

vet

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1583 on: July 29, 2010, 13:23 »
Haven't been to the allotment for a few days. OMG  :ohmy: Not only a courgette glut but a cucumber, bean, and plum one as well. I think I'd better go and lay down now :blink:

Springlands

« Reply #1584 on: July 29, 2010, 14:47 »

All carers are worth their weight in gold, have a really good break.

Enjoy your break - you deserve it.

Starling

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1585 on: July 29, 2010, 15:26 »
Dug up shallots, onions and garlic - improvised a drying rack with my 5 year old.  Watered all the pots.

Havengore

« Reply #1586 on: July 29, 2010, 20:39 »
Tomatillos are growing like champions.  Loads of 'em.  Still a bit stumpted what to do with them when they're ripe!  You can only make some much chutney.

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1587 on: July 29, 2010, 21:00 »
watered, fed, sprayed the beans with w/up liquid solution to try & get rid of the blackfly. Saw the first signs of runner beans  :)
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

Paul Plots

« Reply #1588 on: July 29, 2010, 23:54 »
6 hours on the plot and had a brilliant time.... didn't get to stop and make tea but there we go... one of these days.  ;)

Lifted the onions and cleared the peas, trimmed roses, cut chrysanthemums and picked sweet peas, pulled spring onions, sowed last row of carrots and another row of baby leaf spinach, watered and trimmed the path edges while the water butts refilled (from the tap).

A great half day - home by 9 pm.  :)

kingdhesiii

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1589 on: July 30, 2010, 01:12 »
Nothing.  Full of cold so just relaxing athome.
Woooooooooooooo

smiley
First allotment today

Started by loopylottie on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 12:12
by LittleRedHen
xx
Allotment viewing....TODAY

Started by Hayleynotts on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post June 22, 2014, 21:02
by Yorkie
xx
today at allotment........pics

Started by spongebob on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 27, 2009, 23:17
by spongebob
xx
Snow at the allotment today .....

Started by crowndale on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post October 31, 2008, 05:53
by min200

Page created in 0.497 seconds with 38 queries.