What I did on the allotment today

• 2312 Replies

Paul Plots

Re: What I did on the allotment today
« Reply #1440 on: July 17, 2010, 01:31 »
I'm waiting for the wind to blow in the right direction before I make my next cycle trip to the plot!  ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

potatogrower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1441 on: July 17, 2010, 11:11 »
had heavy winds yesterday and it pushed over one of my sweetcorn plants. last year it was really bad it blew over all my sweet corns and it was a mess and some did not grow that well but had average harvest last year.

plum crumble

« Reply #1442 on: July 17, 2010, 12:13 »
 :( 12 out of 16 sweetcorn lying prostrate. One of 3 debris netting brassica tunnels pitched over - luckily had just harvested the caulies. Beans and toms look shredded. low lying stuff ok.  :( NOT a happy PLUM!
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

Sweet Pea 2

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1443 on: July 17, 2010, 19:51 »
I planted out my Leeks.  A lot of them too, I am knackered now.  I also dug up my Garlic which I am quite pleased with.
 Plum Crumble I am not surprised you have suffered wind damage, my next door allotment holders large plastic green house has totally blown over and his beans too.

Springlands

« Reply #1444 on: July 17, 2010, 20:12 »
Nothing - enjoyed the sun while it shone   :) :)

plum crumble

« Reply #1445 on: July 17, 2010, 20:23 »
Hi Sweet Pea 2 - which Slough site are you on? You may not wish to divulge that of course!!! ::) Ate some wonderful runners and tatties and beetroot from the lottie today - can't beat it!  :tongue2:

Sweet Pea 2

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1446 on: July 17, 2010, 20:28 »
The Mryke which is on the road between Slough and Datchet next to the M4.

onionmad

« Reply #1447 on: July 17, 2010, 21:06 »
did a load of watering today,....koz the rain hasn't happened here yet,..but as i woz a bit late, maybe, to sow much in the way of leeks, bought some off the saturday market, & planted them instead ::)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1448 on: July 17, 2010, 21:47 »
Onionmad, why don't you alter your profile to show your location....then we will know where 'here' is ;)

Zippy

« Reply #1449 on: July 17, 2010, 23:18 »
Harvested 40lbs of Pentland Javelin - much cleaner thatn I thought they'd be so I dried them in the sun and packed them awy in corrugated cardboard boxes in the garage for storing. Then I did an hour of yoga to ease my acheing back!

Potted on my indoor peppers, growing out of their pots and found some larger saucers for my greenhouse peppers and toms so I can water from the bottom and feed from the top.

It seems every year, just as I get organised it is time to start putting things away!

Dan78

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1450 on: July 17, 2010, 23:26 »
Away all next week so harvested quite a lot of onions and early potatos today.. Have a big sack of potatos and quite a few large onions :)

planted about 20 leeks I had been growing in an old washing up bowl. They are a lot thicker than the ones i planted out a couple of weeks ago.. although they are doing really well now!

had a couple of the first raspberries... mmm cant wait till next year!

Gonna go and water tomorrow even if raining as wont be able to get back for a week

plum crumble

« Reply #1451 on: July 18, 2010, 11:07 »
did a load of watering today,....koz the rain hasn't happened here yet,..but as i woz a bit late, maybe, to sow much in the way of leeks, bought some off the saturday market, & planted them instead ::)

aah you will deffo know how windy it is round here then!! I am behind the Kings Head in Cippenham. Just had to sort out all the corn. Thank God I built a Munty Frame for my beans, as I'm sure I would have lost them

Dave Mack

• Zillionaire
« Reply #1452 on: July 18, 2010, 15:47 »
Weeded again ... boy these things pop up sooooo fast , clean the shed out and washed all my pots and trays for next year , sitting back now with a nice coffee watching the day go by  :)

Christo

• Spring has Sprung!
« Reply #1453 on: July 18, 2010, 16:09 »
Such a gorgeous day. Weeded and watered. Then built a decking area with my brother. my little boy was playing with his cousins. One of those perfect days on the allotment. So happy.  :D

Zippy

« Reply #1454 on: July 18, 2010, 16:37 »
Looking at that newly cleared potato bed and thinking of late sowings of peas, runner beans, mange toute, beetroot, lettuce and french beans.

Should get a few goodies off a late harvest before I sow a winter bed of Winter Tares to put some goodness back into the soil and keep the soil from leaching over winter.

smiley
First allotment today

Started by loopylottie on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 12:12
by LittleRedHen
xx
this is our allotment - signed for it today x

Started by issyb on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 16:13
by mumofstig
xx
today at allotment........pics

Started by spongebob on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 27, 2009, 23:17
by spongebob
xx
Chose my Allotment today!

Started by FatGaz on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post February 23, 2007, 00:03
by Trillium

Page created in 0.465 seconds with 39 queries.