What I did on the allotment today

• 2312 Replies

JuliaPen

Re: What I did on the allotment today
« Reply #1320 on: July 01, 2010, 20:17 »
Well just recovering from a small heart proceedure so can't do anything, but we shared a raspberry, watered everything, picked some tiny carrots, 3 cabage leaves and we have 10 peas to share with our roast beef and yorkshire puds tonight!!

dav105e

« Reply #1321 on: July 01, 2010, 21:17 »
watered everything, yesterday i harvested the last 2 pots of new potatoes from the garden, as i put my hand in and scooped the soil i nearly s**t myself ,i thought i saw a snake. turns out both pots had a slow worm nest.

Dave Mack

• Zillionaire
« Reply #1322 on: July 01, 2010, 22:02 »
Picked some broccoli and a greyhound cabbage and made a nice beef roast dinner  :)

suziet88

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1323 on: July 02, 2010, 00:04 »
Did not go down the allotment today and looks like I won't need to water tomorrow if this rain continues.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #1324 on: July 02, 2010, 07:53 »
planted some broccoli out, had real trouble getting hold of some. Not sure if its too late but oh well its worth a go

Had to take some onions out as we didnt actually have room for it

Hubby said he is waiting for me to grow up and stop acting like a toddler in a sweet shop when it comes to growing veg  :lol: do we think that will happen anytime soon.

Its exciting  :blush:

Sid

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1325 on: July 02, 2010, 09:21 »
Didn't do anything yesterday because we got the rain and it didn't stop until the early hrs of this morning. :)  But have got lots planned for wkend planting last of my cabbages and french bean runners and celeriac..I can't wait ::)
if you want to be happy for a short time, get drunk; happy for a long time, fall in love; happy for ever, take up gardening

zarazara

« Reply #1326 on: July 02, 2010, 14:14 »
I sowed some beetroot and carrot and spring onions. I harvested lettuce and rocket and radish. At home I planted some lettce and peas. :)

boosh

« Reply #1327 on: July 02, 2010, 22:23 »
Picked my first beetroot today, golf ball size. beans look a lot better.  :)

dexyblue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1328 on: July 03, 2010, 00:03 »
picked strawberries, my 1st courgette  :D and was given a cucumber and cabbage, cheers Bob  ;)
Noticed I had small beans on my blue lake  :)
I came I saw I grew my own veg

Paul Plots

« Reply #1329 on: July 03, 2010, 01:11 »
Picked the first 2 courgettes, first raspberries, some strawberries, a carrier-bag full of broad beans as well as a bunch of roses and sweet peas - lovely pong!  :happy:

Watered the plants that needed it and none of the weeds. ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

sueanthony

« Reply #1330 on: July 03, 2010, 17:41 »
Checked on my greenhouse tomatoes, put an old net curtain on them about a week ago and what a difference it has made, lots of flowers are starting to form and the leaves are much better as they were all drying out.  Did lots of weeding (now got gardeners back, big time!). Picked some of my strawberries and raspberries and noted the peas are nearly ready too.  had my first pod all on my own at the lottie yesterday, yum yum.  Spinach had bolted so I have cut it right back and given it a  good water and will see whether it comes back or not?????  I have quite a few Calabrese and Black Tuscan Kale to plant out (need to prepare the ground first and net up.  I have planted out 2 kale and 2 calabrese at home in large pots (one in each).  I have also put small basil and mustard plants around them.  I am going to see how they go.  Just a little experiment really.  I wondered whether the smells of the basil and mustard might deter any pesties.  I'll keep you all informed  :D

Blueberry

« Reply #1331 on: July 03, 2010, 17:46 »
I watered my veg and picked my very first pea pod and eat the peas raw and I must say they were very very nice I will pick some more tomorrow. Nearly caught the mole I saw him moving the soil but I was too late by the time I got my spade and a bag he/she was gone  >:(  better luck next time.
Everything is growing really well and I am looking forward to picking more veg.

scenic

• Scenic blogspot
« Reply #1332 on: July 03, 2010, 20:11 »
been eating courgettes for  few weeks, getting sick already :(.  harvested garlic and shallots,  so dry they had given up.  about 30% garlic soft and/or mildew. wonder if one of the planted cloves was an off one?   picked a little swiss chard leaf.

pulled the red bordeaux spinach which has bolted. 

planted some aubergines, cherry toms and celery in final postitions.. planted on last of the pumpkins and courgettes if nothing esle just to get them away.

weeded and watered.

boosh

« Reply #1333 on: July 03, 2010, 20:39 »
Sowed two rows of carrots, Flyaway by Unwins. lets hope i do better with these  mind you have had no carrot fly prob this year so far. will sow a row of Autum king tomorrow and another row at the end of the month.
Also noticed a lack of white fly this year not that i'm complaning.  :)
Curly Kale is going mad. pumpkins are now trying to take over the plot,  :)
The new Rhubarb plant is looking nice and heathy.  :)

Wombat18

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1334 on: July 03, 2010, 22:56 »
One of those days when there are lots of little jobs to do, and then you look up and it's quarter to ten at night.  Dug up the last of the first earlies, very disappointing this year after the late frost and probably best laid to rest.  As usual I managed to spear a few of them with the fork.

Dug up one lot of onions which had gone over.  I'll move some of the swiss chard into the space I've freed up.  I had my first courgette, they were very slow to start this year.  It's one of those round ones, which is new for me.

Watered, tidied, weeded, fed the birdies.  Thinned the tubs of carrots, I think I might have the start of carrot fly so I'll have to get through them fairly quickly.  Tidied up a bed of just sprouted broad beans.  About half of them didn't come up, so I replanted them a bit more tidily.

smiley
First allotment today

Started by loopylottie on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 12:12
by LittleRedHen
xx
Allotment viewing....TODAY

Started by Hayleynotts on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post June 22, 2014, 21:02
by Yorkie
xx
today at allotment........pics

Started by spongebob on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 27, 2009, 23:17
by spongebob
xx
Chose my Allotment today!

Started by FatGaz on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post February 23, 2007, 00:03
by Trillium

Page created in 0.424 seconds with 37 queries.