What I did on the allotment today

• 2312 Replies

boosh

Re: What I did on the allotment today
« Reply #1065 on: June 08, 2010, 21:01 »
Went up this evening after the rain had stoped, planted 8 basil's in the poly/greenhouse if they don't keep the bugs a bay at least it will smell nice in there  :lol: . Transplanted some pak-choi and got 4 barrow  loads of horse poo on the plot. Veg looks a lot better after the rain today  :)  :)  :)  :)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #1066 on: June 08, 2010, 21:08 »
Nothing at all today it rained all day so I stayed in and added a few extra bits to the hamster cage  :lol:

digalotty

« Reply #1067 on: June 08, 2010, 21:16 »
picked some salad leaf in the rain for my butty's and found that something is eating my strawberrys as soon as they are ripe  :(
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

dexyblue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1068 on: June 09, 2010, 00:20 »
planted sweetcorn, weeded in between cabbage and caulis and put more canes in for beans
I came I saw I grew my own veg

Paul Plots

« Reply #1069 on: June 09, 2010, 00:39 »
picked some salad leaf in the rain for my butty's and found that something is eating my strawberrys as soon as they are ripe  :(

Slugs or woodlice  :(
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

joyce c

« Reply #1070 on: June 09, 2010, 09:19 »
Not been onto this site for a long time.  I found it really useful as a novice, last year.  I think this thread is a fantastic idea.  KEEP IT GOING  ::).  Oh, and incidentally, I only visited my greenhouse yesterday, to see how things were growing. Picked out a few weeds from the raised beds.  Looks like todays another wet and windy day.  :(

harry

« Reply #1071 on: June 09, 2010, 12:37 »
Went and checked on my wasp nest, no sign of wasps now so destroyed the nest. Dug some weeds out that seemed to go to australia :nowink:
Hurray finally retired
two plots now 31A and 35A

rw3272

« Reply #1072 on: June 09, 2010, 12:44 »
Errected 3 wigwams for my runners and french beans. Planted out my (skinny) leeks and added some string supports for the broad beans.  Was planning to plant out runners, french, borlotti beans, squashes, sweetcorn and courgettes but I don't think they'd appreciate todays weather (cool and blowing a gale!).

Rachael

Beklet

« Reply #1073 on: June 09, 2010, 15:44 »
I've not been yet but we have another water butt to find a place for, and I'm going to check my poor onions - I've already had to pull a few due to rot, bit worried the rest will go the same way but don't fancy pulling them all yet if I can get away with it..
Broke the back of the weeding last week but I suspect that with the rain, they'll be back with a venegance!!!  :mad:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1074 on: June 09, 2010, 15:52 »
planted some chitted Kelvedon Wonder peas and netted them in case it was the birds that piched the first sowing ::)
Tied up all the toms that have gone mad in the greenhouse and watered everything in there. There are a few cues in there but they don't seem over keen on growing  :(
but the f1 Tiffany is romping away with a couple of fruit on already...so if that one's happy why ain't the others  :wacko:

I've been sorting through the seed box working out what I still have to sow and where and when to do it..........my brain hurts now ::)

Christo

• Spring has Sprung!
« Reply #1075 on: June 09, 2010, 16:43 »
I just got back from 5 days in Germany and....... Oh My God! There are weeds everywhere! Nice little green shoots. Back after work today with the hoe.

Also got some seeds germinated but I think they were in the dark for too long as they came up all thin, white and leggy.

kari

« Reply #1076 on: June 09, 2010, 20:53 »
A quick weed on the used plots today, watered grapes in the greenhouse, sowed some plum tomato seeds, think thats about it.

Popped back up this evening to try to measure it all (using my feet) so I can start to plan my dream allotment, instead of fitting my planting into whats already there. Its 80x60 now I need to measure my feet  :tongue2:

I'm now going to browse the site some more with a glass of vino & see if I can find a gallery of other peoples allotments for inspiration.

oh,p.s I made my first ever rhubarb crumble today from a recipe on here using rhubarb I found on the allotment, its was gorgeous!! Now if only I could grow a custard plant lol
New to gardening & growing my own, its a very steep learning curve!

PennyS

• My website
« Reply #1077 on: June 09, 2010, 21:00 »
Planted out some marigolds by the beans, planted out some brussels sprouts, had a bit of a hoe around and picked my first (baby) broad beans.  Everything is looking very green.  I had a bit of a mix up when I planted out my courgettes, squashes and pumpkins as they got mixed up in the car when I took them down...

My dwarf beans are coming through well - they obvioussly liked the downpours this week.

Peas are flowering well, I'm looking forward to those.

Now they are growing well I can see which is which.  They all look quite strong! :)
Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #1078 on: June 09, 2010, 22:25 »
More weeding of course  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also strolled about admiring the new wood chip paths, and pulled up some purple plum radishes to eat as we went too  :D :D

Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

stagasaurus

« Reply #1079 on: June 09, 2010, 22:58 »
planted out some flowers - rubekia and amaranthus. I made a little patch for flowers opposite where the compost bin is going to be. We don't have much space at home for flowers so it is nice to have something pretty at the allotment.

smiley
First allotment today

Started by loopylottie on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 12:12
by LittleRedHen
xx
today at allotment........pics

Started by spongebob on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 27, 2009, 23:17
by spongebob
xx
Allotment viewing....TODAY

Started by Hayleynotts on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post June 22, 2014, 21:02
by Yorkie
xx
Chose my Allotment today!

Started by FatGaz on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post February 23, 2007, 00:03
by Trillium

Page created in 0.495 seconds with 39 queries.