What I did on the allotment today

• 2312 Replies

Paul Plots

Re: What I did on the allotment today
« Reply #1050 on: June 07, 2010, 16:38 »
weeded a bit till it started raining and the weeding was abandoned till later hopefully  ;)

Rain? You had proper rain not the pretend stuff = "It's thinking about it" type?

Three spots here and still waiting - I want to cut the grass paths and keep putting off the watering..  :unsure: as, who knows, it might rain..

Loads of dark clouds
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

dexyblue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1051 on: June 07, 2010, 16:43 »
yes Learner proper rain, bouncing off the floor I got drenched  >:(
I came I saw I grew my own veg

Paul Plots

« Reply #1052 on: June 07, 2010, 16:50 »
yes Learner proper rain, bouncing off the floor I got drenched  >:(

Send some south - it's all grey threats and spits... but few of them  :(

Solidthegreat

« Reply #1053 on: June 07, 2010, 19:28 »
Planted a few Courgette plants and a couple of sweetcorn seedlings. Turned the soil in the beds and did the continuous task of weeding.  :)

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1054 on: June 07, 2010, 20:17 »
planted a courgette & a cucumber - had to "cheat" and buy them from the garden centre, as all my cues have failed beyond belief.
Only have 1 active bed at the mo (new plot), which is now just about full, so need to get hubby cracking again!
But first he has to do the base for the shed.... taking stuff to / from the plot is starting to get tedious, as you can guarantee i forget the one thing I really need!
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

pumpkinpatch

« Reply #1055 on: June 07, 2010, 20:26 »
Weeded then checked on the mouse trap
no luck. Theyve been eating all my main crop peas  :mad: so im not sowing anymore until there gone  :lol:
one whole part of the gardens all planted up and the winter beds got some cabbage in there know. Sprouts are awaiting planting. Also waiting for some rain  :( no such luck so far. all weve had is a bit of a drizzle thats it. Im realy tempedted to go out and water everything  :mellow:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 21:48 by pumpkinpatch »

Manlea1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1056 on: June 07, 2010, 20:40 »
Weeding weeding and more weeding,after the rain its a major catch up job yet again  :(

kingdhesiii

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1057 on: June 07, 2010, 21:05 »
Just water the greenhouse crops. In any case been having far too much alcohol today :]
Woooooooooooooo

Chris C

« Reply #1058 on: June 08, 2010, 14:32 »
Watered the green house.... its rained for the last 3 days so everything outside is looking great (weeds included) hope it stops soon as there lots to do still
collect 3 head of lettuce and more radish to take home for tea.....potatoes are all through and looking good but no sign of any of them been ready to harvest yet
Still unsure whats happening to the garlic..... going to leave it and see how ig goes.

plot6b

« Reply #1059 on: June 08, 2010, 18:52 »
After all that heavy rain and the soil softened continued to dig over my new second plot. What a joy again to dig soil that is not like Concrete :D

Sweet Pea 2

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1060 on: June 08, 2010, 19:05 »
sowed some more carrots and beetroot and weeded. I also have started some French beans, brocolli and cauloflower in trays and some butternut squash.  I hope it isn't too late for the BNS.

mbeddow

« Reply #1061 on: June 08, 2010, 19:32 »
Moving huge amounts of water to fill up all my containers, thank heavens it has rained i have 2 baths a water butt and a 1000 ltr container which was almost out and the last of the water. I was dreading having to ferry water from the house to the allotment. To make things easier i have mounted an old cast iron bilge pump into a barrel sank in the adjoining dyke and boy does that shift some water. Other than that it is the continual amount of weeding and tidying although i did pot a couple of glut plum tomatoes on. Everything looks to be bounding on got a tad worried about my courgettes which looked like the leaves were yellowing on the outer layer but there seems to be plenty of growth coming from the centre so i guess its ok. Oh and everlasting sweet peas have taken over the entance to my polytunnel !

kingdhesiii

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1062 on: June 08, 2010, 20:34 »
NOTHING, its wet and misrable

pumpkinpatch

« Reply #1063 on: June 08, 2010, 20:41 »
Finaly we got some proper rain
just what i wanted. water buts filling up nicely and everything seems to have took the rain with grace  :)

kari

« Reply #1064 on: June 08, 2010, 20:42 »
Today is day 4 of me having the allotment & I must admit when I got up there tonight I felt really overwhelmed.

I did some tidying & weeding on the seeded/planted beds, then started to tackle one of the unworked plots, did an hour on it but couldnt really see the difference

Put shredded paper under the strawberries & picked 4, which were very yummy, then nabbed some more empty pots & trays to bring home.

I spent this morning turning half of my conservatory into a make shift greenhouse & am sowing seeds in pots & trays to get them started whilst I continue preparing the ground on the allotment, so far: mini sweetcorn,melons-honeydew & watermelon, tomato 'currant sweet pea' and some summer squash

My husband has offered to build me a greenhouse in the garden for my birthday at the end of the month  :D so the Melons will live in there

Knackered now :blink:
New to gardening & growing my own, its a very steep learning curve!

smiley
First allotment today

Started by loopylottie on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 12:12
by LittleRedHen
xx
Allotment viewing....TODAY

Started by Hayleynotts on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post June 22, 2014, 21:02
by Yorkie
xx
this is our allotment - signed for it today x

Started by issyb on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 16:13
by mumofstig
xx
today at allotment........pics

Started by spongebob on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 27, 2009, 23:17
by spongebob

Page created in 0.469 seconds with 38 queries.