What I did on the allotment today

• 2312 Replies

tontom

• Experienced Member
Re: What I did on the allotment today
« Reply #555 on: April 25, 2010, 11:01 »
The rain has just reached us here on the east coast a couple of hours before i want to go to the lottie bah !

Manlea1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #556 on: April 25, 2010, 12:36 »
Off to the lottie to check the plants and to see if my toms are recovering from my over watering (blooming novices eh lol) forcast storms around here around 7pm today  tontom  ???

vet

• Experienced Member
« Reply #557 on: April 25, 2010, 12:47 »
Went down early intening to cut the grass, OH had to go for petrol as we had run out but started raining before he got back. took shelter in  the greenhouse only to notice holes where my broad beans should be. Anybody got a cheap supplier of mousetraps? :dry:

tontom

• Experienced Member
« Reply #558 on: April 25, 2010, 13:11 »
where is your lottie Manlea 1 Grimsby . Mine is at the Queen Mary , Beeley rd ,Cleethorpes site and i'm just leaving now to plant my growing peas as advised . :D

Tattyanne456

• Experienced Member
  • who says I only grow Mickey Mouse potatoes!
« Reply #559 on: April 25, 2010, 13:18 »
Yesterday, I weeded the parsnips and beetroot, sowed a row of carrots, transplanted calabrese and cauliflower, OH netted, transplanted sweet peas and put the lemongrass in the poly tunnel cut some more asparagus. Today we are going back to cut the grass, sow more sweet peas ,sugar snaps and runners am sorely tempted to put the toms and cucumbers in the poly tunnel, but am I tempting fate. I can always so more if they dont survive, so I might just go for it!!

Babstreefern

« Reply #560 on: April 25, 2010, 14:49 »
This weekend, we've planted the rest of the spuds; planted the mammoth onions (red and white) and mammoth leeks - all grown from seed; we put in a second row of peas; planted swede and parsnip, and re-potted the tumbling toms, and also did a little bit of weeding >:(
Babs

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #561 on: April 25, 2010, 15:01 »
This weekend, we've planted the rest of the spuds; planted the mammoth onions (red and white) and mammoth leeks - all grown from seed; we put in a second row of peas; planted swede and parsnip, and re-potted the tumbling toms, and also did a little bit of weeding >:(
Babs, when is your swede ready if you've planted them now? I don't usually sow them till May as per pkt, but they never seem to get very big :unsure:

Jonajo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #562 on: April 25, 2010, 15:38 »
Sowed some more peas for pea shoots.

General weeding.

Picked some asparagus.

Harvested a few bunches of mixed salad leaves from the salad bed (random seed mix from several packets).
"Set down the wine and the dice and perish the thought of tomorrow"

Geordie Gal

« Reply #563 on: April 25, 2010, 17:58 »
What a difference some sunshine makes.

I planted more peas, beans and carrots under fleece. Potted on leeks and wished that I had found the link to the cat litter tray method before I just chucked some seeds in to compost. Potted on pumpkins  and sunflowers for our annual family competiton.

OH painted more of the old greenhouse frame and cleaned out the water butt after reading all of your advic e on why my pots had a green tinge. Thanks :)

planted more chillis after a disaster with the first lot and hope that they are not too late.

now about to sit in the garden and have a well deserved G and T.

plot6b

« Reply #564 on: April 25, 2010, 18:12 »
Planted my late spuds 3 rows and applied for a second plot.

nickson71

• My blog
« Reply #565 on: April 25, 2010, 18:31 »
Me and the other half got down to the plot today with the intention of planting a few more seed in the green house due to the forecasted rain arriving overnight

while she got on with the greenhouse stuff I did a bit more digging out of weed roots ....... still clearing the plot we got in November .... as the rain held of

got enough clear and dug over to get some shallots in

working on the dig a bit, plant a bit routine

tontom

• Experienced Member
« Reply #566 on: April 25, 2010, 19:12 »
Got down to the lottie at about 1 o'clock after a rain shower and put in 70 pea seedlings i grew in modules in the greenhouse . Noticed the first spud coming through but it was a second early. I watered the brassica seedlings  in the greenhouse, some of the french beans, toms ,cucs and my chilli pepper seedlings grown from a pod i saved from last year. Watered all the spuds onions, carrots, parsnips , spring cabbages , garlic, radishes and the raspberry plants. Had to fill the water butts as was told the water is going off temporary. :)

Missy1970

• Experienced Member
« Reply #567 on: April 25, 2010, 20:32 »
Got scared by a mouse in the shed so I made loads of noise quickly grabbed the necessary tools and refused to go back in :(

Jai

« Reply #568 on: April 26, 2010, 13:20 »
Yesteday I put up one of those cheap plastic greenhouse thingies, then potted some pumpkins and squashes while drinking a couple of beers and soaked up the sun. Perfect day! 8)
My wife made all the pies, then I ate them!!!

gypsy

« Reply #569 on: April 26, 2010, 13:34 »
Planted the potatoe patio set that I got free with Tesco vouchers, 3 bags, 5 charlotte, 5 red Duke of York and 5 Vale Emerald. :D Also put a new long handle on a broken cultivator tool, that was a long job, I did not have the strength to get the old screws out, I was trying for ages, and then it took me 2 attempts to get the new handle on, but I managed it.  :D
Catherine

smiley
First allotment today

Started by loopylottie on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 12:12
by LittleRedHen
xx
today at allotment........pics

Started by spongebob on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 27, 2009, 23:17
by spongebob
xx
today at allotment......pics....

Started by spongebob on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 22, 2009, 23:21
by woodburner
xx
Snow at the allotment today .....

Started by crowndale on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post October 31, 2008, 05:53
by min200

Page created in 0.664 seconds with 39 queries.