What I did on the allotment today

• 2312 Replies

Surferchick

Re: What I did on the allotment today
« Reply #990 on: May 31, 2010, 18:36 »
Been working on the lottie all day and got loads done!  :)

Planted cucumbers in GH border, planted tumbler toms in grow bags in Gh and repotted Chillis, Peppers and Melons to bigger pots.

Planted out Sweetcorn, Sprouts and Spring Onions and more Courgettes, sowed some more carrotts, basil and parsely and repotted Marigolds.

Sowed some more spring onions and some radish! Given a few spare plants to my allotment neighbour

Just hoping for some rain overnight tonight now and everything looking very dry still.

kingdhesiii

• Experienced Member
« Reply #991 on: May 31, 2010, 19:43 »
Nothing well apart from water greenhouse crops.
Its bank hol and i deserve that extra day to rest the body before work on tuesday.
Woooooooooooooo

boosh

« Reply #992 on: May 31, 2010, 20:07 »
Transplanted some lettuce, weeded, planted 4 romanesco, really hope i can get these to grow and produce. Decanted 6 litres of comfrey tea, it stinks. rest of the day potterd around the garden.  :)

kittenkirst

« Reply #993 on: May 31, 2010, 21:03 »
We started the weeding on our second bed that we havent yet touched properly, including digging up all the thistly stuff (ouch) timmed all the grass round the edges of the raspberry bushes,  earthed up our potatoes, dug up the chard that had bolted ( the guinea pig  is very happy now!) planted in more peas, tomatoes and cucumbers. Then came home and sowed some sweetcorn & carrots and potted up more squash/cucumber type plants- we lost the labels ooopsy!

busy day and i now have feet like a hobbit (they are v dirty) but love it :)

Half a plot man

• Experienced Member
« Reply #994 on: May 31, 2010, 21:24 »
Nothing all weekend  >:( Been on 24hr call out all week/weekend with work.........hoping to get up several nights this week to make up for it, just hoping everything has survivied with a little less water than usual  ???

mooncatsmum

« Reply #995 on: May 31, 2010, 21:36 »
Hi all,
love this thread-it's real people not like TV gardens :mad: with no weeds and everything done just so-not to mention hundreds of quid spent on plants that I couldn't get even if I wanted them!  :mad: OK, rant over!
Today I pulled out a large weed in the gravel path under the washing line.  :tongue2:
Too busy trying to clear grunge out of house and do a little decorating (hangs head in shame)  ::)
Hopefully house will not qualify for how clean is your house by this time next week and can get back into the veggie patch! :D

dexyblue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #996 on: May 31, 2010, 22:04 »
Not been since thurs due to illness but went about 7pm to check and was surprised at hoe everything had grown  :D
Planted some swedes, turnips and parsnips in paper pots earlier because dont know when I will be up to digging  :(
I came I saw I grew my own veg

Dave Mack

• Zillionaire
« Reply #997 on: May 31, 2010, 22:54 »
Planted all my peas out  :D then sat back all day looking at all the work i've done since November last year  :D

Wombat18

• Experienced Member
« Reply #998 on: May 31, 2010, 23:16 »
Hugely busy weekend.  I cleared part of my remaining grassy patch, thinned out beetroot and swiss chard, planted out a few of the flowering plants I still had in the cold frame, sowed radish, carrots, spring onion, parsnips, and lettuce, put netting over my strawberries, planted out the leeks.  Lots of edging, weeding, watering and tidying up of the compost heap.  Fed the birdies (some of them are bigger than me now). ???

nipper31

• Experienced Member
« Reply #999 on: June 01, 2010, 10:28 »
Weeding, weeding, weeding and more weeding. Flippin' mares tail and trillions of forget-me nots!!!  :mad:
Watered my salads and courgettes, earthed up my spuds, then had to go home to make tea...

vet

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1000 on: June 01, 2010, 11:43 »
Picked half the salad stuff I'd been growing on for my Mum's big birthday bash so Saturday's done :D  Sunday couple of hours on the plot tying up, hoeing plot and hand weeding strawberry bed then back to pot up various plants for my son to take back home with him. :) Monday couch potato :nowink:

plum crumble

« Reply #1001 on: June 01, 2010, 13:00 »
weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water
and planted the runners under the Munty frame, plus 4 other ones on their own with my grand-daughter, in her special little square. aaaah

then...

weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water weed water
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1002 on: June 01, 2010, 13:53 »
 still a tad dry where you are then plum?.....not you silly, the plot  ::)  :tongue2:

plum crumble

« Reply #1003 on: June 01, 2010, 15:23 »
me and the plot MUM!!!! :lol:

herbiegrowsbananas

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1004 on: June 01, 2010, 16:43 »
No weeding today (yay!).

We picked Lettuce, Radishes and Pak Choi, and 4 cute little Sugar Snap Pea Pods.

Herbie
herbiegrowsbananas

smiley
First allotment today

Started by loopylottie on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 12:12
by LittleRedHen
xx
Chose my Allotment today!

Started by FatGaz on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post February 23, 2007, 00:03
by Trillium
xx
Allotment viewing....TODAY

Started by Hayleynotts on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post June 22, 2014, 21:02
by Yorkie
xx
today at allotment........pics

Started by spongebob on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 27, 2009, 23:17
by spongebob

Page created in 0.507 seconds with 38 queries.