What I did on the allotment today

• 2312 Replies

Debsie

• Experienced Member
Re: What I did on the allotment today
« Reply #1245 on: June 24, 2010, 16:42 »
did some weeding, transplanted my scarlet kale, sowed some more salad and pak choi, pulled up a very respectable sized carrot and ate it of course, delicious, picked some radishes too, can't believe how quickly they are growing. Transplanted chillies into bigger pots. Too hot for anything else, will water later.

flitwickone

• We Dig For Victory
« Reply #1246 on: June 24, 2010, 16:54 »
dug up the carrots and washed them just love the mad shapes
picked my first ever radishes then my OH picked 2lb 8oz of organic strawberries  weeded all around the swedes and beetroots noticed bottom leaves on one cabbage are yellow hence m,y other post  and then dig up two barrow loads of mares tail  :blink:  also dug up some earlies which im eating to morrow

and now im walking back down to water  :D

hope you all had fun where you were

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1247 on: June 24, 2010, 17:29 »
dug the last 2 PJ spuds..........loads of em..it obviously pays to wait a bit longer before you dig them....but how can we resist :lol:
Watered transplanted brassicas and the greenhouse.

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1248 on: June 24, 2010, 21:53 »
not much for me today (falling down the stairs yesterday and spraining the ankle put paid to that), so just a very quick water and hoping I can walk better tomorrow!
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

Dan78

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1249 on: June 24, 2010, 22:34 »
Just watering for me again too! Only had an hour on my way back from work as the other half was working from 7... Managed to pull another early potato plant and happy with the 10-12 quite big potatos and quite a few teeny ones! Nice to see im getting more each time :D:

Happy to see the rhubarb coming back to life. Crowns were planted months ago and nothing had really happened since! Now lots of nice leaves coming :)

vet

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1250 on: June 25, 2010, 08:20 »
Hope your feeling better today mj, at least you've got a good excuse to laze in the sun :D. I watered all the thirsty looking plants on the plot then dug up some FE's manageing of course to put the fork through the two biggest spuds ****!!!. Just caught four courgettes before they turned into marrows and picked more strawberries which are producing beautifully. Now home for a cup of tea and then the housework :tongue2:

sarah-king

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1251 on: June 25, 2010, 12:45 »
just watered today (raised beds)... everything is so slow growing and going to be a while before anything is ready still.. :blink:. im sure i must be doing something wrong! mangetout have flowers now tho.. (except pot grown spuds which will be harvested this weekend)

flitwickone

• We Dig For Victory
« Reply #1252 on: June 25, 2010, 12:55 »
went to tackle more weeds  :tongue2:   watered the pumpkins planted more radishes

and generally tidied up back home for lunch then im going back

sarah all my veg is behind as well so dont worry we will get there hopefully  :D

rw3272

« Reply #1253 on: June 25, 2010, 13:34 »
Dug up my first Charlotte potatos.  1 plant yielded a very generous meal for two so I am very pleased!  Another 15 to go :)

Rachael

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1254 on: June 25, 2010, 14:02 »
planted some minicole cabbage under more nets will dib the leeks in this afternoon ;)

Dave Mack

• Zillionaire
« Reply #1255 on: June 25, 2010, 21:45 »
Dug some studs up , got a few good size ones ... but the ground was soooooo dry even 8 inches down , so i've just flooded all my raised beds .

Paul Plots

« Reply #1256 on: June 26, 2010, 02:02 »
I just didn't do a thing on the allotment today despite wanting so very much to escape there....... the opportunity simply did not arise.

Out at 8 this morning and not finished for the day until 10.30 this evening.
Oh well - try again tomorrow  ::)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #1257 on: June 26, 2010, 12:21 »
watered put in some more beetroot, turnips. pulled up something that should have been a garlic but its an onion  ??? I planted the clove so i assume it hasnt split into gloves. is it still edible (no idea) but I am sure you lot could tell me.

sorted out the rhubarb and walked around weeding with a rhubarb leaf on my head, dont scoff it stopped me burning and I think will be the height of fashion next summer, gave the old boys a giggle  :lol:

vet

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1258 on: June 26, 2010, 13:31 »
I'll have to try that next time I'm on the plot there are same nice big leaves on the rhubarb.Put more carrots in while OH netted the cherry and did some running repairs to the compost bin. Watered,weeded and then back home for a fry up :)

izzy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1259 on: June 26, 2010, 15:37 »
not been on for4 a while been to busy.
Far to hot to do much more than pick spinach,courgettes,strawberries,broad beans,rasberries,lettuce ,radish and onions .I love it when things are ready to go and meal times are a treat.

smiley
First allotment today

Started by loopylottie on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 12:12
by LittleRedHen
xx
Allotment viewing....TODAY

Started by Hayleynotts on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post June 22, 2014, 21:02
by Yorkie
xx
Snow at the allotment today .....

Started by crowndale on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post October 31, 2008, 05:53
by min200
xx
today at allotment......pics....

Started by spongebob on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 22, 2009, 23:21
by woodburner

Page created in 0.441 seconds with 38 queries.