Should I leave her?

• 3 Replies

Hayley'sHens

• Experienced Member
Should I leave her?
« on: February 24, 2010, 19:16 »
Betty my 14 week old speckeldy was being pecked, quite badly by 1 of my ex batt's, All part of the pecking order i know. Anyway I seperated Betty yesterday, Put purple spray on her etc. Tonight, i have just been out in their run playing with them until bedtime, I tried to put Betty back in the rabbit hutch i bought for her yesterday but she was having none of it, Kicked up a right fuss so i put her down to open the other door and put her in there, But she took herself off into the main coop with the others.

I've just been back out and all is quiet, But should i leave Betty there? Im worried the ex batt might attack her again in the morning before I get out there to them.

dizzylizzie

Re: Should I leave her?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 19:25 »
If she was mine, i would leave her for tonight and keep a close eye on her tomorrow. Remember, every time you seperate her its going to go back to square one! obviously if its realy bad you have to step in, but for now, step back. In my experiance all is usually calm at night, but just keep an ear out and be ready to let them out first thing.

Hayley'sHens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 19:28 »
Thanks  :) Just wanted to make sure i was doing the right thing, Will set my alarm a little earlier in the morning so im up and about just incase

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 21:48 »
agree with Lizzie, keep a close eye on her during the daytime, get some antipeck spray just in case or if the bullying is persistant then fit a beak ring onto the bullys beak. Make sure that they have plenty to occupy them and that you have several feeders and drinkers in the run. Also make sure that there are places that she can run and hide in as well  :).
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Add another or leave things as they are

Started by t15bow on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 27, 2009, 17:33
by SMD66
xx
What age can they leave Mother Hen?

Started by ness on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post October 26, 2007, 22:15
by muntjac
xx
bring egg in or leave it to mum

Started by jonie on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post November 25, 2009, 12:19
by Foxy
xx
Can you leave the chicks??

Started by bedifferent on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 11, 2008, 00:05
by jack russell

Page created in 4.602 seconds with 37 queries.