yes yes yesssssssssss

• 14 Replies

karlooben

yes yes yesssssssssss
« on: February 23, 2010, 16:45 »
i have been given permission to extend my run about another 2 metres worth so my girls get a lot more space  :D :D :D :D and all going well i have permission to add another run onto my first plot but that needs to be double checked first due to bother a few years back . the new woman at the council seems ok and has remarked that so far my run an well being of the girls is the best she has seen on any of the sites in my area  :D :D
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Flowerpower136

Re: yes yes yesssssssssss
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 16:59 »
Woohoo!

So, how many more girls can you fit in????

beulah59

• Experienced Member
    • Hen Keeper
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 17:14 »
 :lol:
two daughters, nine hens, two goldfish, three cats ...

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 17:32 »
thats brill Looby, so pleased for you  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

janet12000

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 17:35 »
great news!!  :D

karlooben

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 17:47 »
uummmmmmmmmm none at the monent flowerpot  :lol: dont go giving me ideas now besides i wont be doing this until late spring going to take that long for the ground to dry  :lol:. i also mentioned to the woman about maybe splitting the run into two with a foot path betwen them an then i could swap the girls over every few months or so that way i can clean one run while they stay in the other but i am wandering if thats to much of a job to do and also that would only make each run  8 by 5 metres roughly an thats maybe to small for 17 birds .

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 18:11 »
Looby, if each run is 8 meters by 5 meters then that gives you 40sq meters per run. Would you have a house in each run? If so then this would take up some of the space but then you could put some logs in and perches and a sort of climbing frame type of thing or table or bench etc which would give your run several levels so that would be plenty of room for 17 girls. I think splitting your run would be a brilliant idea, the ground could recover and it means each house could have a thorough spring clean and dry out before the girls move back in. You know you are able to do the hard work to build it (along with any chaps that you often seem to be able to get to help you with the heavy stuff) so I would say go for it  :D xxx

karlooben

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 20:24 »
i will do proper measurements during the week , i already have diferent levels in the run anyway an yes there would be a house in each run although would a 6'4 shed in each run be big enough for 17 girls  :wub: i am not going to be placing any of my girls as they die of though illness or old age i am just droping  down an settle on 12 birds .

dizzylizzie

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 20:49 »
owww im dead glad its finally sorted loobs.dont forget pictures of your new set up :D

karlooben

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 21:05 »
 :lol: i wont forget the pics ,but it'll be a long wait i got to try an get a new car first besides this will be a summer project  :D

Jeanette

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 11:53 »
It sounds like chicken heaven :) :)

Rubellite

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 14:58 »
i am not going to be replacing any of my girls as they die of though illness or old age i am just droping  down an settle on 12 birds .

We'll remind you of this conversation later, Looby  :tongue2:

karlooben

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 16:02 »
 :lol: :lol: rube , mum keeps asking when are we getting any more baby chicks in i may end up giving in knowing me  :wub:

Rubellite

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 16:37 »
:lol: :lol: rube , mum keeps asking when are we getting any more baby chicks in i may end up giving in knowing me  :wub:

Yep!  ::)
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

karlooben

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 16:45 »
this is not good your getting to know me only to well  :lol: :lol: i cant wait to start it i've just been out there looking at it and its going to be soooooooooooo good for them  :D

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 37 queries.