Allotment commitees

• 20 Replies

harry

Re: Allotment commitees
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 11:16 »
My plot is run by a committee who all seem very friendly and helpfull to a new comer like me. I pay £19 for half a plot approx 150 sq mtrs which includes water charges. :blush: :wacko:
Hurray finally retired
two plots now 31A and 35A

maxie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 16:04 »
I reckon i am just going to have to pay up and get on with it,as with most council services the same level of service at treble the cost.

johnfh

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 20:47 »
My plot is a neighbours surplus garden. No committee, no rules, excellent security and freedom within reason to do what I like.  Give generously any excess veg, no other charges and everyone  very happy so far (2 years).  Worth asking around if you are looking for a plot as this seems to be a growing trend.
John

lightyears

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 20:50 »
we had a committee, i was part of it, it was full of old boys who "just wanted to moan" so with the local councils assistants we no longer have a committee, just 4 nominated people who deal with enquirers, the council does the rest.Its been a much better atmosphere since, if anyone wonders, it was me who done the deed of dissolving it too, something that brings me a lot of praise(for some reason lol)

Bluedave

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 21:21 »
I'm not on an allotment so can't comment but there is a great film that was on in the summer called 'Grow your own' was a good watch and had a terrible commitee, lol!

DavidT

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 21:31 »
In Torfaen, we were the first borough to give self rule to the allotments. Each site had to set up an association, and each association had to be represented in one of two " groups ". North Torfaen and South Torfaen. It has worked perfectly. At the outset, each group had annual grants of up to £10,000 for works incluging fencing, water and pathways. I`m not sure what the rents are now, but when I was on site, I paid £3 per year.

xx
A new allotment

Started by fjace5 on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post August 17, 2008, 22:23
by Nogger
xx
what can i sow now in my allotment

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 03, 2009, 08:50
by pawsnclaws
xx
allotment

Started by marion on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post March 11, 2008, 21:36
by gobs
xx
New Allotment what can i do!

Started by Axe on Grow Your Own

35 Replies
Last post January 12, 2016, 19:59
by green_fingered_ash

Page created in 0.491 seconds with 36 queries.