tates

• 2 Replies

smc

• Experienced Member
tates
« on: February 15, 2010, 21:10 »
hi guys! bit of help please, had my spuds come around three weeks ago, all of them 1st 2nd  and mains,  i left them in my utility room in the box [is this ok]   but now i have noticed that most of them have chitted white shoots, is this ok?   should my firsts go in my unheated ghouse to chit properly?  i have been told that i can knock the shoots of and let them start again  even maybe do this a few times over,  bit confused of it all   thanks my fellow lotters...

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Re: tates
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 21:13 »
Link in GYO stickies.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=49569.0

Yes you can certainly rub the shoots off
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

thearaig

Re: tates
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 17:42 »
Theyve done the white shoots cos it was warm and dark in the box in the utility room. knock the longer shoots off. leave smaller ones (as long as theyre growing inthe right direction) they'll colour up in the light. your unheated greenhouse is fine as long as it's frost free.

xx
pheasants in my tates

Started by blackisgreen on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 18, 2008, 11:46
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.658 seconds with 36 queries.