You can tell I am new at this

• 2 Replies

puravida

• Experienced Member
« on: May 25, 2007, 07:35 »
I've ended up with over sixty tomato plants in individual pots and that's just from my first sowing - several more trays of seedlings on the way so far!! I've got TWO courgette plants - they didn't work very well yet.
I have about thirty five runner & french beans.
I have 20 cucumber plants - all of which will probably fruit at the same time if I had anywhere to put them!
I have a bed full of potatoes and still have three and a hald string bags of seed potatoes sitting in my shed with no-where to go!!

Guess I'd never make a quantity surveyor!!! What do I do with all these excess plants? Give them away?

Wondering whether to fire up some of the runner beans in pots on my deck - grow them up against a net of fairy lights?? Thoughts???
Good beer, good BBQ and good friends.

freyaluck

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 07:55 »
What about taking them to a local car boot, I know round here plants especially veg sell really well.    50p a tom plant is the norm round here.  Or you can give me a few :wink:  Good luck in finding them homes :D
Carlie- The nutty one
Now totally ORGANIC and using permaculture design.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 08:24 »
,firstly well done at doing so wee with your toms :D ,and as freyaluck says its car boot season so why noy try selling some,or see if anyone wants to swap any for anything you havent grown :)

Page created in 0.655 seconds with 36 queries.