Hen 46 wks but still no egg!

• 6 Replies

Tiggs

Hen 46 wks but still no egg!
« on: February 08, 2010, 20:23 »
Hi

I have a hen who has never laid, she is 46 weeks. She has is healthy and is red but still no egg appears!
She is on layers pellets, like my other hen who laid right up to Christmas and then just started at the weekend again

But with Rose there is sill no egg! I know with the longer days approaching that might help but is there an age when you can say that she is not likely to lay??

Any info would be great

lucylou

• Experienced Member
Re: Hen 46 wks but still no egg!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 21:05 »
hello tiggs! i got a first egg off my year old girl - i had given up waiting for her so it was a bit of a surprise! what type of hen is yours? mine is an araucana - purebreeds can sometimes lay later than hybrids

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 23:01 »
My 2 Exchequer leghorns are 46 weeks this week and one of them has never laid.  The other one started at 33 weeks on and off, but both girls are the same age!

Tiggs

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 16:31 »
Hi, thanks for the info!

Rose is a hybrid sussex type, so thought that she would lay like the other hen? I assume that I'll have to be patient and something may happen!

Fingers crossed...!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 20:09 »
Mind you, saying that, my little Rosie the Amberlink never did lay an egg!!!!   :(

too many girls

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 20:35 »
Mind you, saying that, my little Rosie the Amberlink never did lay an egg!!!!   :(

my Lois hasn't layed an egg yet! we thought she had laid one in september but it turned out to be Pauline ::), Fat Lois is 3 and half years old :lol:

chuckmum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 18:16 »
I'm still waiting for my oldest girl to lay she is 45 weeks and showing no sign at all! I have two younger girls who also aren't laying, aged 40 and 35 weeks. There 'sisters' have all started to lay, I don't know if its the breed - two are Pekins? They are eating plenty though!

Page created in 0.511 seconds with 36 queries.