Yippee!

• 19 Replies

viettaclark

Re: Yippee!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 23:59 »
Checked on my bb, hardy peas (firmed them in) onions,garlic and they're going great guns but the shallots still haven't sprouted (fret fret....patience is a virtue and all that....)
Is pak choi supposed to grow through ice and snow....mine has and it's "flying greens" (stir fried in oyster sauce) for us tomorrow. I'm amazed at how everything's survived. Lamb's lettuce, Swiss chard. perpetual spinach, spring onions, lettuce, leeks, psb are all still going strong. Even if the cabbages are lacy, they're hearting .
It must be warmer down South but we still had 6" of snow and ice for days and days ...........is it the raised beds or maybe my garden is very sheltered because of the trees?
Maybe they like me singing to them.......tralalala

Fisherman

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 06:05 »
Looks like its going to be a good weekend out on the plot at last. I dont bother with early spring sowings as later sowings always catch up. Perhaps its the wet weather we get round here and the late frosts.

Have a good weekend.

lisa80

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 08:31 »
hubby was down the plot at 730 yesterday despite it raining :wacko:he really wanted to get some jobs done as hes at work today.He was quite a sight tho in his full wet suit he looked like the michelin man :)

Ivor Backache

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 12:47 »
Just had a look at last years diary:-
Mar 9th.. transplanted 8 broad bean plants
Mar 19th... sowed 1/3 row of carrot which failed
Mar 30... first two rows of early spuds.

I was sowing in February/March but in pots and growing in a cold frame.

viettaclark

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 00:36 »
Spent today planting Tumbling Toms and herbs for the window sill (thanks for the foil tip DD....I'm going to give it a try.) Found last year plants were straighter and sturdier when I drew the curtains which have white linings but this sounds brill.
Although the soil in the raised beds is fairly dry and warm, and my early carrot seeds can be planted outside in Feb., I've decided to leave it for a couple of weeks. Don't like the sound of more snow (maybe).
I got my new walnut and apple trees in and I just hope my trig. is right re. sun and shadows cast!!! I can keep them pruned to 8' but they all bush quite wide.
It was blissful to be outdoors again and getting the earth beneath my nails.........

xx
yippee !!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 17, 2012, 09:02
by Yana
xx
Yippee

Started by Janeymiddlewife on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 20, 2009, 19:51
by sawnee
xx
Yippee !! Snow has nearly gone

Started by WG. on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 15, 2007, 20:55
by WG.
xx
yippee.....got an allotment!

Started by washsaint on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post March 20, 2009, 20:33
by dougsta

Page created in 0.447 seconds with 36 queries.