What else can I mix Flubenvet with and whens best to give it

• 4 Replies

SamT

This is the first time of worming my chickens, they are about 7 months old and have been free ranging round my garden for the last three months, is it too early to give them their first dose should I wait til they a little older?  I see that its to be mixed with their layers pellets, but can it be mixed with anything else to guarantee they will eat it as I only have three chickens and even if I half the dose/food ratio I dont know if I can get them to eat it all in 7 days, if I gave them a pro rata dose each day in something I know they will eat (unless its got a smell that puts them off that too) would it affect the performance of the product.  I was thinking of mixing it with rice or mash potato as they seem to wolfe that down OK.  Thanks

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
Re: What else can I mix Flubenvet with and whens best to give it
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 15:46 »
If you only have three you could try on a grape - one for each of them. I use pasta - I give it to them late on and can fling it around so they all get some and they love it. Last time I wormed them they got upset at day 8 when they didnt get their pasta treat and squarked at me about it ::) :lol:

chooksbury

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 16:02 »
Keep some pellets back for making a hot mash with and dose that.. they'll nom it up a treat !

dizzylizzie

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 18:33 »
Hi. When the instructions on the tub say mix it in 2kg of food, the chickens dont have to eat the 2kg of food in 7 days. That is just the mixing instructions to make sure the ratio of feed to wormer is correct. So, if you only have 3 chickens, mix half a scoop in with 1kg of food. Put the dosed food in an air tight tub,and only give them the medicated pellets for 7 days. Dont give them any treats, and they will eat the right amount of medicated pellets for their size, there for getting around about the right amount of wormer- :D

Rubellite

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 14:50 »
Well explained, Lizzie  :)

xx
flubenvet - how much?

Started by mrs chook on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post April 03, 2013, 23:37
by joyfull
xx
Flubenvet

Started by HattonHill on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post September 13, 2012, 11:39
by ordinarygull
xx
flubenvet 2.5%

Started by Chookiechook on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 27, 2010, 12:11
by Chookiechook
xx
FLUBENVET

Started by T C on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 06, 2009, 23:46
by Lady Lottie

Page created in 0.576 seconds with 29 queries.