Someone is out there, crowing for all he is worth, its bedtime!!!...

• 12 Replies

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
  I have been in and out like a fiddlers watsit all evening  :mad:  One of my cockerels keeps crowing. Whenever I go outside to investigate, all is silent. I waited, in the rain, for half an hour...Nada, have come back in and he is crowing again.  :mad:  I dont think it is an alarm call, but I might be wrong, but I am worried one of them has been left outside, in the rain, and the cold  :( We have both been out with torches, and the brillled-lenser head torch recommended by Hillfooter, and all is silent, and cant see anybody up a tree or anywhere. What IS going ON?  I vacillate between anxiety and anger, but mostly worried.  :unsure: 
Pets:if you don't love them like family, don't have them

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
I had this before with as cockerel and eventually found him up a tree - he stopped crowing when he saw me as he was "safe" so I wonder if he can see you and that's why he shuts up  ??? I do hope he's okay and just being a daft bird in a coop x

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
I am fairly certain he is out somewhere. the crow is SO loud, not muffled as it should be if he was inside.  we moved the coop this afternoon, about 10 ft to the left of where it was. I hope he will be ok, I am taking a wild guess at it being one of my polands.

Gonna have to go out there again, I love them too much to take the risk.   Here goes...out in the dark and the rain...OH long since gone to bed.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
It was my Poland that did it too  ::) Did you find the little man - were they all okay this morning?  :unsure:

spider

• Winner - Pumpkin Competition 2012
  • Experienced Member
Did you find the little man - were they all okay this morning?  :unsure:

Hope he's safe and well :ohmy:

Spider

Jeanette

Hope everything is OK and that you have found the culprit

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
It was still dark when OH let them all out, so dont know for certain who the culprit was, but they were all present and correct when I checked 8am. Then of course, dark again by the time I got home from work, 6.15pm. I am LONGING for the lighter evenings, to sit out with the chookies, tea in the garden...*sigh*

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
I think this is the culprit...curly, my flat feathered chamois poland..

Foxy

I think this is the culprit...curly, my flat feathered chamois poland..

They look like a lord and lady from the elizabethan era!! :D

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
 :D :D couldnt believe it when, daughter was out there with her camera, they POSED. Polands do consider themselves a cut above  :lol: :lol:

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
That is because Polands ARE a cut above  :tongue2:
IMG_4255.jpg

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
he is GORGEOUS.
Does HE crow all night long?

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
Sadly he has passed away  :( Blackie was a lovely boy, but very loud and vocal including through the night and he got to go and live a wonderful life on a farm so that I wouldnt get an asbo  :lol: He was such a character - perching on shoulders and preening your hair - and when he moved the space and freedom went to his head as he would wander off and perch in trees hiding which was a nightmare for his new family as they spent many a night searching for the little terror and his new hiding places ::) I do love Polands and if I was going to have a permanant cock bird (now I know that I can control the noise with a cat box in the large bird shed) it would be another Poland with some girlies - but for now I'll stick with the ex-bats, sussex girls and ducks (I do love my ducks!) as I only have a small space for them :)

xx
bedtime?

Started by poohpouri on The Hen House

18 Replies
Last post June 06, 2009, 14:59
by viettaclark
xx
Bedtime

Started by Hooee on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post February 08, 2009, 13:32
by BestBreast
xx
Bedtime

Started by uba on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 08, 2010, 22:33
by jhub
xx
Bedtime?

Started by chuckmum on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post October 29, 2009, 13:56
by LittleRedHen

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 37 queries.