Gone a bit over the top with seeds i think

• 20 Replies

randombod

Re: Gone a bit over the top with seeds i think
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 16:09 »
i did the same l year and the way seed prices are going and the fact its becoming fasionable  thanks to the tv idiot chefs im glad i did. just need to remember to use the old stock up first

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 20:33 »
:D I think you may have gone over the top Kris, did your purchase the seeds to cover the whole of Medway's allotments??   :happy:  We bought a lot of seeds when the garden centre was selling them at 50p but I think we must have more 'will power' than you  :happy: :D

Ermmm...don't forget to leave enough space on your lottie plot for your seed potatoes, onion sets & shallots  :D

Garlic & onion are in already and the spuds are in the hall  :D  We might just need the 125 new plots they are talking about in Hempstead shhh i didnt say that its top secret till they know about funding
Thanks
Kris

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 20:38 »
Agreed with Gillie!

Ive loads of seed that I wont use this year, but it means I dont need to buy any next year.  Its just forward planning Kris  ;)
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Christine

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 20:45 »
Well we all know where to go for freebies then when he decides he fancies growing something else different next year and not what he has left over  :lol:  ::)  :lol:

I've just looked at what I have and there's enough for two plots methinks here too (I mean - carrots x 5, about 500 peas, packets of beetroot x 2, lettuce x 2) but not as bad as Kris.

Still it will be fun to see how much I can actually get into all the tubs and spaces along with strawberries, herbs, raspberries and fruit trees.

cob nut

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 15:41 »
:D I think you may have gone over the top Kris, did your purchase the seeds to cover the whole of Medway's allotments??   :happy:  We bought a lot of seeds when the garden centre was selling them at 50p but I think we must have more 'will power' than you  :happy: :D

Ermmm...don't forget to leave enough space on your lottie plot for your seed potatoes, onion sets & shallots  :D

Garlic & onion are in already and the spuds are in the hall  :D  We might just need the 125 new plots they are talking about in Hempstead shhh i didnt say that its top secret till they know about funding

That's interesting 'top secret' info Kris, Hempstead...now they could be closer to us than our allotment now  :D  As I just typed this I remembered that I saw a notice at the shopping centre put there by Hempstead residents association asking if anyone was interested in allotments....sounds like it may have gone a step further.

gillwrig

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 16:19 »
hooray - printing off this to show the hubby as he thinks I've got an addiction!
This makes my small stash look pathetic!

xx
Any difference with courgette seeds & butternut squash seeds?!

Started by courgette on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post March 06, 2009, 19:00
by Paul Plots
clip
Using old seeds

Started by MulesMarinair on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post January 04, 2016, 20:10
by syks grower
xx
What is it about me and seeds, They just don't like me.

Started by AshtonPete on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post March 14, 2011, 20:49
by AshtonPete
xx
F1 Seeds

Started by anti on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post January 22, 2009, 22:41
by pushrod

Page created in 0.71 seconds with 36 queries.