injured leg or thigh?

• 3 Replies

Hilltoppers

injured leg or thigh?
« on: January 06, 2010, 10:47 »
Went to check on our family this morning, poor Esme was limping and trying to balance on one leg. She still seems to be eating but not wanting to move. Her eyes look bright and her comb looks healthy and she looks at the moment to be alert,  but not sure if shes in pain? Her leg looked ok, could it be her thigh?It`s just started to snow and is cold, so i have put her in a box with shredded newspaper as a nest and brought her into the kitchen. She has food and water. Have i done right splitting her from the other two? Should i keep her inside? i was worried as she was not moving she would freeze to death. Is there anymore i could do?

lucylou

• Experienced Member
Re: injured leg or thigh?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 17:17 »
hi hilltoppers.  sorry to hear about esme poor little thing.  Has she had eaten any food or drink since you brought her inside? i think i would have done the same as you and brought her in to keep an eye on her as she wont be able to roost properly and could be really uncomfortable in this freezing weather.  do you think she may have sprained in jumping down off a perch or anything?  sometimes this happens but they are usually a lot better the next day, please let us know how she is in the morning and good luck :) lucylou

lucylou

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 18:56 »
hilltopper - how's your girl today?

Hilltoppers

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 07:56 »
Hi Lucylou, thanku for answering my question on Esme, sorry i did n`t get back to you yesterday. When we let her out yesterday she seemed to be walking alot better on her leg ,just occasionally lifting it off of the ground. She`s eating and drinking okay, and seems to be having alot to say to other two,(perhaps how lovely and warm it is inside, i hope they`re not planning something).
I`ve just checked again this morning all looks ok, she seems back to her old self.ZN

xx
Injured hen, please help

Started by Ruby Red on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post August 08, 2008, 23:41
by Ruby Red
xx
MY INJURED HEN

Started by JMF on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 09, 2012, 15:22
by kegs
xx
injured hen

Started by bimbler on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post December 21, 2008, 10:46
by Kate and her Ducks
clip
Has she injured herself?

Started by TashaH on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post January 21, 2016, 17:49
by TashaH

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 28 queries.