An individualist !

• 3 Replies

ali2

• Experienced Member
An individualist !
« on: December 26, 2009, 09:24 »
We have four chickens  but we have one we have named Mo who has been bit of an induvudualist from day one ..but that said she gets on fine with the others.  However  last week we saw her hurry down the garden as soon as we let them out  as quick as she could and promptly disappeared ito our garge where luckily the door was up. Took a quick peep to see her squatting in a corner so left her to it ...little later she came out and we found not one egg but 5 !!   So she had been laying her eggs in there .....now every morning we see her trot down the garden and into the garage.  All the others lay their eggs in the coop !

Anyone else have a character like this?!! :)
Dogs were born with three legs and a spare.

ehs284

Re: An individualist !
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 09:35 »
Oh yes. Stopped the problem by moving tool boxes around so she couldn't do it. She then went back to laying in the nesting box. I think what started it was a broody hen who chased others away. That problem solved by isolation/cold-water treatment.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 13:05 »
Yep! One of mine insists on laying in the old duck house and another insists on laying behind one of the trees up against the wall. When I found the stash behind the tree there were 16 down there - I'd been wondering what was up with her to cause her to not be laying for weeks!!!! They have 3 nest boxes to choose from, but always seem to prefer to keep me searching for their new spots  :tongue2:

raeburg

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 18:00 »
I found a hidden stash of 29 a few weeks ago!

Page created in 0.364 seconds with 29 queries.