another poorly chuck

• 52 Replies

grumpydad

Re: another poorly chuck
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 10:56 »
one getting better, 1 wyandotte as bad as the bantam, she is the one who was broody, the did a full moult, has not seemed to get her full strength back, although she is in feather, so she is on antibiotics, and in the utility to keep warm.

it just does not get better

mum had to go into a permanent home so have had to sort her house and empty it, and today the boiler packed up so i know it is Christmas.......bah humbug

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 12:00 »
Oh dear!  :( so sorry you are having such a hard time at the mo! hopefully things will start getting better soon.  sending you a ((((((((((((((((( BIG HUG )))))))))))))))))))

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonniebean

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 16:25 »
So sorry GD it's such a rotten time of year for anything going wrong. Hope things improve, huggggggggggs! :mellow: Sue x

Rubellite

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 19:05 »
Cheer up Martyn, less than three weeks and Christmas will be a distant memory  ;)

Foxy

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 20:51 »
grumpy dad, I am so very sorry to hear your news, how stressful for you.
Is the Wyandotte in full feather now, also, how old is she?

dizzylizzie

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 21:01 »
sending big hugs to you, Christmas, wonderful tho it can be, is a very stressfull time. if you add to the pot other things going wrong...well...it can get too much. Im sorry about your mum..go and have a drink. tomorrow might be easier to face if you take a bit of time out! take care xx

grumpydad

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 11:51 »
wyandotte is about 12 months old, and in full feather.
she went back into the coop last night, but i have brought her back inside today, with the little bantam, as they are always together.
tail is down, still not eating much, val will feed her again later, she has been on antibiotics for 3 days now, so part way through her course, bantam has almost finished hers, she is brighter but not right, the others i had from debbie are running round the garden so i have not put them on antibiotics .

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 12:02 »
Hope they both pick up soon Martyn and Val, hugs to you both xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 19:57 »
cyber hugs to you hunny. I think cr**py things happening at this time of year makes it even worse. Where do you think you got this disease in from?

I have been at this point myself...almost ready to give it all up, But only  ALMOST, Hang on in there, it WILL get better, anything I can do to help, just holler..
Pets:if you don't love them like family, don't have them

grumpydad

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 20:34 »
i think this will be mareks again, and she got it from the breeder that i bought her from, even though he insists she was vaccinated. the first chuck we lost went brooder gfor 5 weeks in june when it was very hot, i believe she got stressed, her immune system was suppressed and the mareks took over and killed her, the second and third, were infected which again suppressed their immune and they died from severe coccidiosis, this chuck, was broody, then went straight into a full moult, again stressed, and i think the mareks has taken over, or coccidiosis, although she is on antibiotics to help kill the cocci, and live yogurt to help her digestion.

Rubellite

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 20:53 »
Well, Martyn, you're giving it your best shot. If she doesn't pull through it won't be for lack of trying. Fingers crossed for you.  :nowink:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2009, 08:22 »
just keep the giving her the tlc Val and Matyn and hopefully she will pull through xxx

grumpydad

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 08:24 »
she is still alive, so i have ground up some layers pellets, mixed with water and a little more anti biotics, syringed some into her, but i am going to leave her in the coop today, they will all be in the run as it is raining, and will try to syringe more every hour, to try to build something into her

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 09:28 »
 :( Dont know if there is anything else you can do? If it is cocci though I doubt the antibiotics will have any effect??? If it were me I would dose the water with coxoid just so as I knew I had that covered too!  :( just a thought! keeping everthing crossed for you

Debbie

Foxy

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 09:53 »
This wyandotte are you sure she is 12mths??? unusual would mean hatched this time of year, bit unusual for a breeder to hatch pure breeds in Dec unless on a large scale or exhibiting. Odd for her to go through a full moult at her age. How old was she when you bought her??

xx
Help! Poorly Chuck

Started by Gerty333 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 11, 2012, 21:44
by joyfull
xx
Poorly chuck

Started by cool chick on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post October 29, 2008, 12:20
by cool chick
xx
Poorly chuck...I think!!??

Started by Chuckiemum on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 11, 2010, 19:54
by Chuckiemum
xx
Poorly chuck, please help

Started by Newbie on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post February 07, 2011, 18:25
by Beakybird

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 37 queries.