Birthing help for cats please!!!

• 468 Replies

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
Re: Birthing help for cats please!!!
« Reply #300 on: October 27, 2009, 17:16 »
Little Lottie is trying to open her eyes now, both at the sametime unlike Pog who is still just winking at me (this is normal so don't worry Debbie). They've gained about 20g in 24 hours  :ohmy: and are all responding to noises more clearly - poor things now have me singing to them while stroking so they get used to me  :wub: Evie pops just "milked" all over me when having a cuddle  ::) I dont think they do kitty nipple pads for inbetween feeds!

Ally does still need a home so anyone who may want a tiny tabby girl when she gets to 8 weeks old let me know, it's all done through cats protection who I foster these little terrors for. And as you can tell by the fact Lottie is going to Wales and Pog to Lincolnshire I will travel (within reason) for a loving new home  :D

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #301 on: October 29, 2009, 13:23 »
How are the ickle mites doing today! has Pog opened his other eye yet or is he still winking at you :D and how is Thorsey  :unsure: bet he's glad to be home  :happy:

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FCG

« Reply #302 on: October 31, 2009, 21:12 »
OOOH KITTEHS I WANTZ ONE

:D

Was fun reading through this thread, catgratulations to Evie & Caralou.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #303 on: November 02, 2009, 10:45 »
Evie is still doing a wonderful job, but the same way fireworks scared her in labour they scared her last night and she moved the kittens all underneath the sofa as she was distressed  :( Phil found them this morning crawling in three opposite directions crying and moved them back to the basket and I'm going to set up a new safe space under the bed for her as I suspect she will move them back. I'm also going to sleep in the spare room with her if she gets any more distressed when they go off again.

Pog is so loving, you pick him up and he snuggles into your chest and straight back to sleep. Ally and Lottie hiss at you if you wake the up now  :lol: They dont like their nap time being interupted. Although once snuggled up on you they also just go back to sleep. All three have lovely blue eyes, no more winking. New photos on their way  :D

poultrygeist

« Reply #304 on: November 02, 2009, 13:15 »
Heart melt  ::) :D

Jellyhead

« Reply #305 on: November 02, 2009, 13:22 »
Aaaah they sound so sweet. Looking forward to the new photos ;)
Cara, you could try her with rescue remedy, 1 or 2 drops every 15 minutes. It brought my Delores (chicken) round after a cockerel had beaten her up :ohmy: her wing was ripped, she had a hole in the top of her head and deep gashes on her body..........and hardly any feathers. I used rescue remedy, antisceptic wash and tea tree cream. She is a different chook now but the rescue remedy regularly for the first hour worked a treat, in fact she was eating and drinking after 15 minutes :D
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

goosebusters75

« Reply #306 on: November 02, 2009, 17:19 »
oww..i wouldnt, she's feeding her young ones,even a small amount of booze could damage the kittens.the missus gave some of our hens rescue remedy and it worked a treat though! :)

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #307 on: November 04, 2009, 12:04 »
How are those gorgeous kittys doing?

Any more photos yet?  :)
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #308 on: November 04, 2009, 12:27 »
Have been a bit hectic and havent put the new photos up yet. The two girls, Ally and Lottie have started loving tummy tickles and roll over for you to do it. Pog still just likes to eat and sleep, typical boy  ::) They are starting to get steady on their legs and are pushing up to walk around, soon it is going to be kitty mayhem with them  :lol: I've let the little lad next door cuddle them to start to get them used to children and they were fine with him and mum let him pick them up for cuddles aswell with no interference. All of them are just so cute when looking up at you with their blue eyes and little pink mouths and I'm starting to see little teeth coming through which may explain why mum is a bit sore from feeding. I promise photos just as soon as I get this garden mudbath and redmite cleaning done.

Parsnip

« Reply #309 on: November 04, 2009, 18:24 »

Pog sounds like Pogi ( Yogi) when he was a baby. He was very under nourished when we got him but he just loved to snuggle up and he purred away then went off to sleep. He still does it now :wub:

Who's having Pog, I can't remember?

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #310 on: November 05, 2009, 11:09 »
Pog is going to live with Debbie (Chickenlady) and Lottie with Sarah (Vember). Last night I was stroking Lottie's tummy and when I stopped she started crying at me  :wub: obviously tummy rubs are the best thing ever! Pog's a chubby little man now and has the softest fur and Ally is going to be the naughty one. She's nearly on her feet and is trying to run out of the basket with mum herding her back, she also tries to nibble your fingers when cuddling her  ::)

I have been heartsearching with keeping Evie after the kittens have gone, the hardest part of fostering is wanting to keep them all. Because of Thorsy having been so poorly and his illnesses getting worse with stress I think I may not be able to keep her no matter how much I want to as the cats I already have have to come first. I suspect she will upset the balance in the house when I try to integrate (I keep fosters seperated in the spare room) and that usually leads to poor Thorsy and Caesar getting the brunt of it from the girls (the boys are so much more easy going here!). I really don't want to let her go to a new home, but am going to have to  :( Evie is so loving and is being such a good mum and I need to make sure she has the nicest new home possible as she really deserves someone who can give her lots of love as she will still only be 8 months old once the kittens go so still a kitten herself. Been getting quite tearful making the decision, I'm just hoping it's the right one  :(

Vember

« Reply #311 on: November 05, 2009, 11:16 »
Ahhhh Cara :(  Huge Hug for you, don't rush your decision you have lots going on at the moment with the hens and stuff.
Once things have calmed down things may be different :)

Really pleased they are all doing so well :D

Take Care

Sarah xxx

too many girls

« Reply #312 on: November 05, 2009, 12:18 »
i agree with Vember, don't make a decision you may regret when things have calmed down, i do so hope you can keep her as she's bonded with you.

Parsnip

« Reply #313 on: November 05, 2009, 17:27 »

They sound like a lovely bundle of fluff and cuddles :wub: I agree with the others, don't make any decisions yet :(

The main reason why I have to say no to taking on any more is poor old Bonnie, she's a quiet, timid little type and gets bullied as it is.. :(

Chin up chuck I'm sure it will sort itself out ;)

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #314 on: November 05, 2009, 18:12 »
Oh Cara... poor you, I know how much Evie means to you after all the two of you have been through.

I really hope that it all works out for the both of you.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending big hugs
xxxx

xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig
xx
Cats

Started by dookie on Pets without Feathers

84 Replies
Last post December 02, 2009, 00:07
by Paul Plots
xx
Who would have cats ?

Started by spottymint on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post April 02, 2013, 08:20
by composthappens
xx
The Forum Cats

Started by Spana on Pets without Feathers

61 Replies
Last post November 22, 2010, 22:05
by CluckyChicken

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 37 queries.