many THANKS to you all !!

• 3 Replies

ROYAL=BD=

many THANKS to you all !!
« on: October 18, 2009, 14:04 »
about this time Last year i ask how to grow onions & garlic due to not have ever grown anything before apart from the stubble on my chin and my middle aged belly  :(.
I must say MANY THANKS   to all of you for posting through the year, because i have learnt so much and enjoyed all the posts  :).
i got a great harvest of sweetcorn, although next door thought i was mad when shakeing them togehter at midnight in the early summer to get the pollen going ???.
my compost heap is doing good,( again next door think i am strange by pee-ing on it at midnight).
found out that compost cant be used 4 years on the trot !!! ( so thats why my peas & carrots didnt grow :ohmy:.
i now have 5 different types of garlic growing ( put them in the fridge for 1 week and planted them out 1 week ago & have some really nice green bits popping up allready).
although my onions/carrots/sweetcorn/garlic/ where not show or supermarket type veg`s
and looked like they had been grown in "monty pythons allotment" they tasted GREAT :) :).
SO THANKS AGAIN ALL
JOHN  ;)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: many THANKS to you all !!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 14:46 »
I'm really glad you are so happy with your growing results :) It's a special feeling knowing...I grew that

Babstreefern

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 15:56 »
I absolutely love going shopping at the supermarket, and saying to my hubby "My god, just look at the prices of those caulis, onions, carrots, leeks, etc, etc - we grow them cheaper" :tongue2: , and everyone looking at my smug face :D, because I don't have to buy them - the fresh veg that is :happy:; and also walking straight past the frozen veg and smirking.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Babs

wighty

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 16:58 »
I absolutely love going shopping at the supermarket, and saying to my hubby "My god, just look at the prices of those caulis, onions, carrots, leeks, etc, etc - we grow them cheaper" :tongue2: , and everyone looking at my smug face :D, because I don't have to buy them - the fresh veg that is :happy:; and also walking straight past the frozen veg and smirking.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I always feel guilty that there's no veg in my trolley and everyone will think I'm a 'bad person' I want to wear a t'shirt that says 'I grow my own veg'.

Page created in 0.482 seconds with 30 queries.